Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Like the grunt in this side but it still isn’t right.

Carey should be keeper, Paine out, Smith captain.

Smith should be batting at 3, Khawaja at 6.

Harris should be in for Bancroft. Wade on notice.

In fact, why not play to our strengths and include Hazelwood? Our batsmen are suspect so look to take 20 wickets.

Warner
Harris
Smith
Head
Khawaja
Carey
Cummins
Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon
Hazelwood

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
you got to be smiling kidding me! Patto clips root's bail and they don't come off! WTF! Root out bowled patto, and he's not out! I've seen everything. stuff me

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It can happen if they put fairy lights in the bloody bails. 150 years of hair trigger bails gone because of an underwhelming gimmick. 20-20 fair enough, but this is the bloody ashes FFS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
While i'm frustrated at our quicks bowling around the wicket, i'd like to see Lyon try bowling around the wicket.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Engerland 4/267 at stumps, still 17 short of our 284. Unless we can make them collapse and get the last 6 for 50 or so (which I doubt) they’re gunna score high 300/low 400.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Our batting sucks.

Paine and Wade? Seriously?

One is the captain and the other has been making tons in first class cricket.

Doesn’t mean either should get the entire series to scratch around and *smile* up the middle order.

Maxwell should be playing simply because he is one of our few world class talents.

Warner
Harris
Smith
Head
Maxwell
Khawaja
Carey

This would instil me with a ton more confidence than I currently have.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Forget Maxwell...Why has Patterson been discared? Scored tons in the final tests of our summer & has more scope for improvement. Might be too soon but reckon Carey worthy of a batting spot next summer + Paine, similar to Bairstow & Buttler. Better than both.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Despite the scoreline, I felt England were absolutely unimpressive and we were incredibly unlucky.

I wouldn't lose hope for the series, we will knock that top order over cheaply more often than not I reckon.
Yeh this is a once in a lifetime innings from burns. He played and missed 34 times and hit numerous shots off the edge. One for the record books and well done to him with such limited talent but he won’t get past 50 again this series.

They are poor we just need to find someone to support smith and get us a 350 plus score

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Lol.

Could the English commentators have been any flatter with stokes edging behind.

That was surreal television.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Poor start but ok now 2/53. This session could be decisive. Bat sensibly, push the ball into gaps, rotate the strike will tire a team down a bowler.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, I reckon it was a slap in the face to Harris. Had a good summer in test cricket (albeit last summer) and gets dumped for a bloke based on Division 2 county form.

2 words: Justin Langer

It cannot be denied that he is biased towards certain players and the selectors won't stand up to him.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I love JL was one of my favourite cricketers.

But apparantly he and Harris dont get along that well, probably why Bancroft waltzes straight back in.