Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

You'd think he will, though surprisingly for a spin bowler he has taken more first innings wickets than he has second innings wickets.
Yeh, on 5th days when you expect him to clean up he hasn't really. Think he will be too much for their lefties, Burns/Stokes/Ali, with that rough to work with.

Great score to wake up to. We should win from here.

Only worry is that it wasn't playing like a customary fourth day wicket. Nothing shooting through low, nothing spitting off cracks. It might require Lyon to take 5+ for us to win. Good bowler, but he hasn't always got it done in this situation.

It's a small ground and Australia scored 4/364 from 81 overs yesterday. I'm hoping England at least makes some effort to chase a win.

It might require Lyon to take 5+ for us to win. Good bowler, but he hasn't always got it done in this situation.

That's the concern. It requires Lyon to have a big day and there have been times in the past where the game has been set up for him that he has failed to fire.

To go 1-0 up will be huge.

Yeh, on 5th days when you expect him to clean up he hasn't really. Think he will be too much for their lefties, Burns/Stokes/Ali, with that rough to work with.
Yes, i reckon he will spin us to victory, i'm a big fan, he is still improving.

They showed a stat that said day four was the best for batting at the ground, averaging about 40 per wicket.

Day 5 the worst at about 21.

Hmmmm.

Given we averaged 90+ yesterday, this is twice as good as a usual Edgbaston wicket. They only need to average 40 per wicket.

How badly do you want to win, England?

Fantastic day!!

Crazy the knocks on Wade on here by Toothless and Baron after just one innings. A crucial century first test back.

Especially when he has been the best performed player outside the Test team we have seen for many a year.

And for chumps like No Show who’s papers are now hopefully stamped.

Now for the GOAT to bowl us to victory.

Ha Ha Tassie Boys taking it beyond their reach, I knew Leysey would be a little chuffed.

They showed a stat that said day four was the best for batting at the ground, averaging about 40 per wicket.

Day 5 the worst at about 21.

Well lets hope that stat comes to the fore tonight.

A win at Edgebaston is massive they dont lose there much, similar to the way the Aussies always start their campaign at the Gabba.

(unless we play India who now decide where and when they play who the umpires are and no DRS.)

Have got a multi going paying $5.28 for Aust to win the test and the series, got $7 for the test to be draw. And have just had a silly little bet on the Poms to win at $51.

Siddle bowling very well, Paine not keeping so well. Siddle pitched on or just outside off stump Roy knicked it but Paine for some reason was moving down the leg side.

Reactions: 1 user
How many times is Root going to pull away JUST as the bowlers going to release? I reckon it’s a tactic.

Roy needs to learn composure. That shot reminds me of what Brad Haddin was doing a few years back.

Paine having an ordinary little stretch there, missed catch and then 4 byes.

Reactions: 1 user