Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I hope Pucovski's head's right. This is a big call, but I haven't seen a better-balanced young batsman come into the game - back foot, front foot, offside, legside - since Tendulkar/Ponting/Lara emerged.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope Pucovski's head's right. This is a big call, but I haven't seen a better-balanced young batsman come into the game - back foot, front foot, offside, legside - since Tendulkar/Ponting/Lara emerged.
Yes, he's very very good, and when he gets in he goes big.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If Puckovski can take this form to the test arena, as a pom the Aussies top 4 look scary good for the next ashes.

Warner, Pucovski, Labuschagne and Smith

Pretty much one of those, where you are stoked to get someone out, turn around and see the next guy coming out and go, oh *smile*.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He's out!!!!!
Just like the headline when Bradman was batting.
Disappointing, he has lost form.

WIthout knowing much about him, i think they need to be a little cautious, given his mental health battles, and the need for isolating hubs. If he makes the test team, he could be away from home for 4 months, or so, which may not be in his interests.
Or he could be in great shape, and have no issues. Hopefully the latter.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Still has the highest Test batting average of all time (unqualified) - 144.0.
Put em both in at 5 and 6 get em blooded for the future Ashes series.

Along with Marnus and Smithy thats a good start, just need to sort the openers out.

Hopefully Renshaw gets his mojo back.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What happened to Kurtis Patterson the other gun young bat that went well before they dropped him.
He came and went pretty quickly didn't he.

I'll tell you you who's going ok at the minute is Queensland leggie Swepson, he's got 3 bags of wickets on the trot.