Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
*Maxwell, given limited opportunities, excels*
Australian cricket brains trust that for some reason has a set against Maxwell, to compliant, Vic-hating media: "You know what that means?"
Crash Craddock: "Keep limiting his opportunities?"
Brains trust: "Exactly."
Kerry O'Keefe: "Didn't Henriques look good making 21 off 45 balls at number 4! He needs more opportunity."

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh. Maxwell is the 2nd most important player in the one-day/20/20 setup yet clowns still want to dismiss him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Aussies struggling again in an international T20, this time v India.

India 7/161, Straya 7/150

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Pucovski has been hit on the helmet, retired hurt. He's had concussion problems before, Warner is unlikely for the 1st test, Harris might get a reprise if Pucovski is ruled out.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You don't rate India, Craig? Only rated No. 3 in ICC Test team rankings, 1 pt behind NZ and well ahead of England? Beat us at home for 1st time last series.
You sound a bit patronising on this.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Australia-India is the number 1 ticket as far as I'm concerned.

Pucovski's a real concern. Not just the continual concussions - which of course are very serious for his health and the main issue here - but also, despite the wraps I have on him, you just shouldn't be hit in the head so much. It's a worry.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Pucovski has been hit on the helmet, retired hurt. He's had concussion problems before, Warner is unlikely for the 1st test, Harris might get a reprise if Pucovski is ruled out.
Yer, it was barely chest-high (he's not a tall guy either) and he virtually ducked into it. Seriously mis-judged it.
Really doubt he is suited to being an opener; that's Rogers idea. Hasn't he usually batted no. 3/4 mostly for prior career? More of a stroke-player.

Mind you, he's going have to learn to handle short-pitched bowling better no matter where he bats.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yer, it was barely chest-high (he's not a tall guy either) and he virtually ducked into it. Seriously mis-judged it.
Really doubt he is suited to being an opener; that's Rogers idea. Hasn't he usually batted no. 3/4 mostly for prior career? More of a stroke-player.

Mind you, he's going have to learn to handle short-pitched bowling better no matter where he bats.
He might've batted down the order when he first came into the Victorian side, but he's predominately batted 1'st drop that I can remember.
He's had close to 10 concussions now, so he he's doing something wrong. India will definitely target him with short pitched bowling.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
He might've batted down the order when he first came into the Victorian side, but he's predominately batted 1'st drop that I can remember.
He's had close to 10 concussions now, so he he's doing something wrong. India will definitely target him with short pitched bowling.
Agreed

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm a big advocate for sport on pay tv but if I have to hear the 'that's fox cricket, oh yeah' jingle once more I'll need a new TV.

What a piece of *smile*.

Fox's push for the "biggest rivalry in cricket" for this series is also cringeworthy. I assume they've never heard of the Ashes.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Fox's push for the "biggest rivalry in cricket" for this series is also cringeworthy. I assume they've never heard of the Ashes.

Right now Aust India Is the biggest rivalry in test cricket. The great pity is kohli only playing one test.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cameron Green while bowling to Bumrah has been hit in the head, Bumrah hit the ball straight back to him, he didn't have time to get his hands up. Has gone off back looks to be ok, first Pucovski and now Green.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone got any interest in the Test series starting tomorrow against India ? The day/nighter in Adelaide should be a good match. Wouldn't be surprised if India win this as long as they can handle the pink ball.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Anyone got any interest in the Test series starting tomorrow against India ? The day/nighter in Adelaide should be a good match. Wouldn't be surprised if India win this as long as they can handle the pink ball.
Yes, as much as I would like Australia to win, $2.85 for India to win is good value. Have taken a multi with Pike in race 7 on Saturday.