Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

the Video Review system has ruined every sport it is used in ...
created through a mistrust of decision making by people put in a position to make decisions ...
pretty funny really ...

Reactions: 1 user
Australia left 450 on the table. At 2/206 the Indian attack was at their mercy. Poor shot by Marnus to get out but at 3/206 they should still have got 400. That is exactly where a bloke like Maxwell comes in, he and Smith could have got us from 206 to 350 very quickly.

Terrible shot for the second Test in a row by Wade; Green, Paine and Cummins (can we end the delusion he's a better batsman than Starc???) all missed straight ones.

Batting day today in Sydney, going to be hard work dislodging Pujara and Rahane.

Reactions: 2 users
test well poised. could go either way here.

big day for the series - India could get rolled for 220 or 400.

Also don't get the love for Carey. have the fan boys actually seen him keep. Is bog average where his constant mistakes will cost tests if has the gloves. In the Wade class of keepers.

test well poised. could go either way here.

big day for the series - India could get rolled for 220 or 400.

Also don't get the love for Carey. have the fan boys actually seen him keep. Is bog average where his constant mistakes will cost tests if has the gloves. In the Wade class of keepers.
geeez that’s just plain nasty comparing Carey to Wade , the only keeper I compare Wade to is my old backyard keeper Rubbish Binny

Can someone explain to me why the Indian batsman are running with their bats in their left hand? Their non-dominant hand? As a right-handed kid I was always taught to hold the bat in my right hand when running between wickets. WTF were Ashwin and Bumrah doing? Ashwin didn't even bother extending his arm to reach for the crease.

Can someone explain to me why the Indian batsman are running with their bats in their left hand? Their non-dominant hand? As a right-handed kid I was always taught to hold the bat in my right hand when running between wickets. WTF were Ashwin and Bumrah doing? Ashwin didn't even bother extending his arm to reach for the crease.
I was taught to change hands when running, so you turned looking at the ball, not 'turning blind'.
I tended not to run too many though, more interested in boundaries, less energy expended.

I was taught to change hands when running, so you turned looking at the ball, not 'turning blind'.
I tended not to run too many though, more interested in boundaries, less energy expended.
yep. and tuck you pad straps in so the ball cant knick them, sounding like a snick.

Yeh, you swapped hands if running more than a single to keep your eye on the fieldsman and not turn blind.but when stretching for the crease on the final run/single why would use your non-dominant hold to hold the bat? Iirc bumrah turned blind as it was?

Where is Kurtis Patterson at.
He would be my preference for Number 5 if fit.
Looked very good although against Sri Lanka 2 years ago but was dropped for the Ashes and injured last year.
is he still injured

Guess it comes with being 2m tall, but Green is quite mechanical.

Yes he looks quite one dimensional to me. Question asked on the commentary this morning what other all rounders we have for no. 6 but why do we need an all rounder especially with Marnus bowling before Green in this test.

I reckon Wade has done his dash but I hope they don't bring Head back.

Yes he looks quite one dimensional to me. Question asked on the commentary this morning what other all rounders we have for no. 6 but why do we need an all rounder especially with Marnus bowling before Green in this test.

Green has suffered from batting in *smile* circumstances every time he's batted.
If they give him his head after luch to throw the bat a bit, he might gain a bit of confidence.
He did bat well in the second dig in Melbourne.

why do we need an all rounder
It's the persistent dream of Australian selectors but the really good ones are like hen's teeth. At least he's digging in and doing what's required to support Smith.

Wade is Paine's standard with the bat, both classic #7s. Actually surprised they didn't prefer Head here.

Where is Kurtis Patterson at.
He would be my preference for Number 5 if fit.
Looked very good although against Sri Lanka 2 years ago but was dropped for the Ashes and injured last year.
is he still injured
Played bugger all serious cricket in recently, been injured a bit as well.

You'd think as New South Welshman, he'd be a walk up start though.

Australia have had an obsession with all rounders for years. It’s so rare that a genuinely good one comes around. A balanced team shouldn’t require one, it needs a few part timers like Labuschagne, though.

Green has suffered from batting in *smile* circumstances every time he's batted.
If they give him his head after luch to throw the bat a bit, he might gain a bit of confidence.
He did bat well in the second dig in Melbourne.
This is the perfect opportunity for Green to get amongst the runs.
In the Adelaide and MCG tests he came in when the score was 4 for not many in each innings. In the first innings of this test he came in and had to face a new ball. There's still almost 20 overs until the new ball can be taken, this is his best chance of the series to get amongst the runs.