Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Harsh reality is our test performance is shithouse. Best attack in the world and he couldn’t marshal them properly against India at home.

An attacking batsman-keeper will do us wonders.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Some cherry picking there Carter - He was our first captain in 18 years to come back from England with the Ashes. That achievement alone supercedes all others.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Some cherry picking there Carter - He was our first captain in 18 years to come back from England with the Ashes. That achievement alone supercedes all others.

True Leysy but we should’ve won that series.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just out of interest why can't Smudge be Captain again?
Has his Captaincy papers been stamped?
Love Pat but don't like bowlers as Captains.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
There will be something very ironic about this whole instance.

Paine leaves role due to texts about "finishing him off".
Replaced by a guy called Cummins.

You couldn't write this stuff :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read that the recipient of Paines texts, a former employee of Cricket Tasmania, only released the texts after she was charged with theft from CT. If so she’s thrown Paine under the bus.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I'm a big test cricket fan but the Australian test team make themselves hard to like.

I thought Paine was supposed to be a statesmen brought in to help restore the teams image after they embarassed the nation, yet now Paine looks like a flog too.

Alex Carey for keeper.

Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I'm a big test cricket fan but the Australian test team make themselves hard to like.

I thought Paine was supposed to be a statesmen brought in to help restore the teams image after they embarassed the nation, yet now Paine looks like a flog too.

Alex Carey for keeper.
This happened before sandpaper-gate and the powers-that-be must have known about it then. Whoever thought he was the man to lead us out of that has to go, too!
But kudos to whoever was responsible for keeping it quiet for four years.

Reactions: 1 user

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
At 37 next month Id move him on now. Good keeper still but average bat and in the side largely for his leadership. Now that that has been compromised its time for some new blood….yes even with an ashes series on the line

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
At 37 next month Id move him on now. Good keeper still but average bat and in the side largely for his leadership. Now that that has been compromised its time for some new blood….yes even with an ashes series on the line
Given his age and the fact that he’s a good keeper and an average bat, being captain was really the only thing that kept him in the side. Time to blood a new one.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The way I read it he’s a bit stiff. :LOL:

Seriously we should stop painting sportspersons as role models. They’re just people & imperfect. I reckon the ACB should have stood by him. Would have blown over in a week but outrage is the age we live in.

Reactions: 6 users