Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, Wade ain’t my favourite cricketer but great knock.

but the most stupid commentary quote goes to this dill, Gautam Gambhir:

“What an absolutely pathetic display of spirit of the game by Warner! #Shameful What say @ashwinravi99?”

because Warner had the temerity to hit a ball that bounced twice for 6. What a dill.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, Wade ain’t my favourite cricketer but great knock.

but the most stupid commentary quote goes to this dill, Gautam Gambhir:

“What an absolutely pathetic display of spirit of the game by Warner! #Shameful What say @ashwinravi99?”

because Warner had the temerity to hit a ball that bounced twice for 6. What a dill.

If you can go out on a ball that bounces twice you can certainly hit a six off it. Gambhir should brush up on the rules.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
If you can go out on a ball that bounces twice you can certainly hit a six off it. Gambhir should brush up on the rules.
I heard that comment too and was gobsmacked.

But ... can you go out on a double-bouncer? It gets called no-ball. If he had been caught would it have been out?

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I heard that comment too and was gobsmacked.

But ... can you go out on a double-bouncer? It gets called no-ball. If he had been caught would it have been out?

I don't think it can be called a "no ball" until it bounces more than twice. As far as I can recall, the only way you can go out on a no ball is by run out.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Matthew Wade......Wow!!!

One of the great white ball performances.

Stoinis and Wade pulling it out from the fire - not many would have had them in the team. Especially Wade with everyone pushing Inglis. Both having excellent tournaments in positions we've typically struggled in.

Bravo George Bailey!! The golden touch...nailed it!!!
Tassie Tassie Tassie Oi Oi Oi

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
NZs Devon Conway will miss the T20 final after breaking his hand from punching his bat after he was dismissed in the England game. D’oh!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I can easily believe that some people are that stupid but it's hard to fathom that they are happy to go public with such nonsense.
All down to ego I suppose.
I hope someone in the media is happy to remind the ‘Walking Ego’ of his comments sometime this summer.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Even money game now. We need two of our first 4 bats to have decent innings.

The dropping of Williamson early could be match defining.

Starc slaughtered. Could have done with having a third man on the boundary.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Yep Starc 0 for 60 was terrible

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Yes, dropping Williamson was very costly, I reckon Hazelwood was too far in from the boundary.

The Kiwis scored 57 off the first 10 overs, and 115 off the last 10.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yes, dropping Williamson was very costly, I reckon Hazelwood was too far in from the boundary.

The Kiwis scored 57 off the first 10 overs, and 115 off the last 10.
Yes unfortunate for Hazelwood as he was by far our best bowler but may have dropped the T20 world cup.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
What a great innings by Marsh. Warner and Maxwell great support. This is a defining moment for Australian cricket.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great innings by Marsh. Warner and Maxwell great support. This is a defining moment for Australian cricket
A great effort from Hazelwood, Zampa and Cummins too. Zampa has gone to another level, and should be seriously considered to play in the Ashes.