Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He was just showing her how to use the full face of the bat., ya know showing the makers name.

Looks like his full forward defence created somewhat of an offence !!!!.

Why no song and dance at the time though???

Listen Boys out there here's some free advice, my dear departed Dad gave me.

"Ya cant get yourself in the *smile* if ya keep ya pants on man " !!

For a more modern application I say " when sexting or flirting stick with the banter and leave ya *smile* in ya pants".

Banter can get you in enough serious *smile* but *smile* picks get ya life these days.

Never send *smile* picks to crazy women who once scorned will dead set go the journey with them ....especially if you are rich or famous or are planning a political career.

FML common sense just aint real common these days.

There aren’t many days that go by I’m not grateful I grew up in a pre digital age.

Amen to that !!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Apart from needing a new Skipper ................ Who's next behind the Stumps then? Timmy Z ?? Rodger Woolley ??

Do they go back to Wade , do they throw the job to Carey or Inglis or hoy young Phillipe in.

Must admit I'm not in touch with cricket much these days.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I'm a big test cricket fan but the Australian test team make themselves hard to like.

I thought Paine was supposed to be a statesmen brought in to help restore the teams image after they embarassed the nation, yet now Paine looks like a flog too.

Alex Carey for keeper.

Agree - now that he's resigned as skipper there is no justification for playing him.
We need the best keeper in the country to be in the Test team and it ain't Paine.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There aren’t many days that go by I’m not grateful I grew up in a pre digital age.
A photocopier and a fax machine (or in Redder's day, a quill and a parchment) gave you time to reflect on whether it was the brilliant idea you first thought it was.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wow!!!!

Paine has been awesome since he's been captain, his batting, keeping and captaincy has been very good. I can't see him being selected from now on though.

Looks like a shootout between Carey and Inglis who are both in the Australia A squad that was announced the other day. I'm a big fan of Inglis, a good keeper and a very attacking batsmen.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This happened before sandpaper-gate and the powers-that-be must have known about it then. Whoever thought he was the man to lead us out of that has to go, too!
Absolutely.
Stunning revelation of the pathetic pea brained stupidity of a whole bunch of people who are supposed to be in leadership roles.

Paine's an absolute farkwit to start with. Firstly for thinking about cheating on the missus. But if you're gunna wander down this path, then using text messages to do some initial sniffin is saveable n a recipe for being forever haunted. What's wrong with actually talking to the person you're sniffin around n if they're responsive to your initial suggestions finding a way to get together, dinner, after work drinks, clubbing...............whatever n then suggesting further possibilities. Why the *smile* send *smile* pics to someone???? I've yet to see a weiner of any type that actually is worth looking at.

Every person who was involved in selecting n promoting Paine to the Aust captaincy should be required to pack up their kit bag n depart from any involvement in the game if they had prior knowledge of this indiscretion. This sort of pea brained sexual indiscretion crap has been bringing down management, athletes, media stars etc etc. big time for the last ten or fifteen years. How the hell did these imbeciles running Aust cricket ever think this was just some insignificant little blemish that was never going to be exposed at some time?

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
I don't get. From what I understand it was years ago. Consensual. And sorted out by all concerned back then.
Why, years later, should this idiot have to be publicly and nationally humiliated? Can we hang a sign around his neck and parade him through the streets encouraging people to throw rotten fruit and stones at him. Why is someone's private life our business?

I only saw his 'confession' to Australia which made me feel sick like I was living in Communist China. Is there more to this story than a *smile* pic & sex talk between consensual adults?

Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I don't get. From what I understand it was years ago. Consensual. And sorted out by all concerned back then.
Why, years later, should this idiot have to be publicly and nationally humiliated? Can we hang a sign around his neck and parade him through the streets encouraging people to throw rotten fruit and stones at him. Why is someone's private life our business?

I only saw his 'confession' to Australia which made me feel sick like I was living in Communist China. Is there more to this story than a *smile* pic & sex talk between consensual adults?
Agree in general on the personal aspects of the situation, but it became public and I think we have a right to expect more from the person in arguably the most privileged position in Australian sport. Granted he wasn't in that position at the time, but there can be little doubt that the people who put him there knew about this when they did. In that sense, they are probably more at fault.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
On a separate note, glass houses, stones and all that...

Just gotta love the hypocrisy of humans n the tearful mea culpa that follows, but only after they are caught out. Ain't to many people that are so pure n innocent that they can be chuckin rocks at others without havin to cop a couple back.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The moment TP decided to send the photo he was cooked. Made a bit of a *smile* of himself literally. A very costly moment of stupidity.
I'm actually surprised he was given the gig if this was known information at the time he was appointed Skipper so the ACB has to wear plenty of this embarressment if so.

It's a real shame because he's been a tremendous captain in the rebuild since sandpaper gate & unfortunately I'm not sure he's going to be remembered for that after this.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The moment TP decided to send the photo he was cooked. Made a bit of a *smile* of himself literally. A very costly moment of stupidity.
I'm actually surprised he was given the gig if this was known information at the time he was appointed Skipper so the ACB has to wear plenty of this embarressment if so.

It's a real shame because he's been a tremendous captain in the rebuild since sandpaper gate & unfortunately I'm not sure he's going to be remembered for that after this.
Agree with all but the "tremendous captain" bit. He's been solid, which was what was needed at the time. But he's no Chappelli or Benaud.

Reactions: 3 users