Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Really is amateur hour.
Paine shouldn't have ever been made Captain given what was known.
He may have made the original mistake but it's not his fault he was appointed Skipper.
Now it's embarrassed him, his family & the Australian Team.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
G'Day brothers and sisters, something rarer than rocking horse sh!t is happening right now. The great DK Lillee (FOT) is being interviewed on the radio, enjoy.

Reactions: 2 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
G'Day brothers and sisters, something rarer than rocking horse sh!t is happening right now. The great DK Lillee (FOT) is being interviewed on the radio, enjoy.

Was he “pounding down like a machine”? Or is that just Tim Paine…?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think part of it is the forbidden aspect - people like to take risks. Of course it's particularly dumb when you are in the public eye.

Good doco on this about Anthony Weiner (no joke) who was running for New York mayor and was married to Huma Abedin, top adviser to Hillary Clinton at the time. Did it multiple times, threw away his political career, marriage and did jail time.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Former Victorian cricketer Geoff Allardice is appointed CEO of the ICC permanently (had been doing the job on an interim basis).
He also spent a year or two on Melbourne's list. Never played an official senior game but played a post-season exhibition match in Vancouver in 1987.

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
You couldn't make this up if you tried. Such incestuous social circles. Turns out Tim Paine's brother in law, Shannon Tubb, was also texting lewd messages to the same Cricket Tasmania employee, seemingly trying to drum up some extra curricular activity outside of his marriage. Shannon Tubb also being a Tasmanian first class cricketer and team mate of Paine's. I wonder whether Painey got up on his high horse about Tubby cheating on (or at least attempting to cheat on) his sister?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/6b63ca2a2e08e951d3d5b9a3f7a29fe5

Last edited:
  • Wow

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You couldn't make this up if you tried. Such incestuous social circles. Turns out Tim Paine's brother in law, Shannon Tubb, was also texting lewd messages to the same Cricket Tasmania employee, seemingly trying to drum up some extra curricular activity outside of his marriage. Shannon Tubb also being a Tasmanian first class cricketer and team mate of Paine's. I wonder whether Painey got up on his high horse about Tubby cheating on (or at least attempting to cheat on) his sister?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...t/news-story/6b63ca2a2e08e951d3d5b9a3f7a29fe5

Popular girl; looks to have some winning ways about her! Men always vulnerable when they are led by the wrong head.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Cricket Australia board, executives and particularly Nick Hockley are a disgrace and deserve to lose the Ashes.

Spineless, weak pricks.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Telling that Cricket Tasmania issued the statement not CA as well.

Zero chance of hosting an Ashes test after standing up for Tim and calling CA out for the cowards they are.

At least they have ethics and support their players.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Disgrace Tooheys.

Deserted the Test Captain who led us with composure, confidence and calmness when we had no-one else in our darkest hour.

Not to mention his quality on the field (sits in the arguement as our second best keeper batsman - perhaps Marsh gets him for longevity).

Been tried for the same crime twice.