Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Hugely disappointing to see Channel 9 is not backing down from making a Shane Warne biopic, despite the wishes of his family.

Even more tacky considering the King was one of their own. Kerry Packer would be turning in his grave.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Hugely disappointing to see Channel 9 is not backing down from making a Shane Warne biopic, despite the wishes of his family.

Even more tacky considering the King was one of their own. Kerry Packer would be turning in his grave.
It’s even tackier than that from what I read in the paper. It’s going to focus on his off field stuff, not his cricket exploits :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Will Pucovski starts the season with 193 (retired) for the Victorian Second XI. Let's hope he can get and stay right.
Puc had a 270 run opening partnership with left hander Ashley Chandrasinghe, who was the leading run scorer in the 2nd XI competition last season.

Hope to see then open the batting in the first shield game in 3 weeks time.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I see new rules are coming in.

Crickets is nigh on finished and its purest form has lost its standing and prestige..

India BCC and the IPL and the mad dash to $$$ and hit and giggle cricket has destroyed the game.

I dont pay attention to any cricket these days.

Footy heading the same way for me apart from the RFC.

The days of having the cricket to my ear all day every day during test matches and listening to Skull O Keefe carry on is long gone.

They were great times, same as the footy.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pressure growing on Finch after another failure (7 off 6) overnight, while opening partner Green made it look easy smashing 52 off 21. They have to add Green to the T20 World Cup squad, and with Warner due back, Finch should step down. We'll see where his priorities are. His captaincy was dreadful last night too.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Pressure growing on Finch after another failure (7 off 6) overnight, while opening partner Green made it look easy smashing 52 off 21. They have to add Green to the T20 World Cup squad, and with Warner due back, Finch should step down. We'll see where his priorities are. His captaincy was dreadful last night too.

Yep a disgrace that Finch is not falling on his own sword to allow an in-form Green and the future of Australian cricket to get a gig.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Fantastic to see Tiger Tim Paine make his return to first class cricket today.

Rapt for him, after he was let down so badly by Nic Fuckley and CA.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
How good is Matthew Wade in the 20/20 format? His ability to assess a situation and bat accordingly is first class. One of our most important players. Never used to like him much but I'm a big fan. Combative, tough and fearless.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Current Tassie side contains four New South Welshman, one 40-year-old Victorian, one Queenslander, and five native sons. Rolled by Qld for 147, then conceded 458. Thoughts, Leysy?

Good to see WIll Sutherland crack his maiden first-class ton. We were told he was an all-rounder but an average of 14 and highest score of 34* from his first 21 games would make you wonder. Can handle the willow, though. Backed it up with 4/45. Aaron Hardie setting the pace as Green's all-rounder understudy. Think Sutherland's a better bowler but Hardie a much better bat.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Current Tassie side contains four New South Welshman, one 40-year-old Victorian, one Queenslander, and five native sons. Rolled by Qld for 147, then conceded 458. Thoughts, Leysy?

Good to see WIll Sutherland crack his maiden first-class ton. We were told he was an all-rounder but an average of 14 and highest score of 34* from his first 21 games would make you wonder. Can handle the willow, though. Backed it up with 4/45. Aaron Hardie setting the pace as Green's all-rounder understudy. Think Sutherland's a better bowler but Hardie a much better bat.
Leysy is happy because selfish Paine made a pointless comeback and is taking the spot of a young Tasmanian.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Leysy is happy because selfish Paine made a pointless comeback and is taking the spot of a young Tasmanian.
Tassie rolled for 139 in the second dig to lose by an innings and 172 runs. The way they were going they could have batted a third time and Qld still wouldn't have had to bat again.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tassie rolled for 139 in the second dig to lose by an innings and 172 runs. The way they were going they could have batted a third time and Qld still wouldn't have had to bat again.
But Tassie allow blokes with physiques similar to my good self play first class cricket so it ain’t all bad.

F18A5C21-7574-44B9-8421-3CDFF84A0D8B.jpeg

< Movies | Boxing >