Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Namibia beat Sri Lanka today in the T20 World Cup, a bloody good effort :clap2

Namibia are in group A along with Netherlands, Sri Lanka and the UAE.
Ireland, West Indies, Scotland and Zimbabwe are in Group B, the top two teams from both groups will make up the "Super 12" of the World Cup.
I'd like to see Namibia, Netherlands, Ireland and Scotland to all get through to the Super 12.

Haven't been following this but how did Afghanistan and Bangladesh get through ahead of the West Indies who won two World Cups ago?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Haven't been following this but how did Afghanistan and Bangladesh get through ahead of the West Indies who won two World Cups ago?
The 12 teams that made the Super 12 in the previous T20 World Cup (which was last year, it was delayed because of COVID) all automatically qualified.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Netherlands van Meekeren's (the merken) action is very similar to Hazelwood, a dead ringer.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You've got to love a bit of a traditional dutch name, the way you get all those vowels confused.

Names like Tom Cooper and Scott Edwards

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Namibia beat Sri Lanka today in the T20 World Cup, a bloody good effort :clap2

Namibia are in group A along with Netherlands, Sri Lanka and the UAE.
Ireland, West Indies, Scotland and Zimbabwe are in Group B, the top two teams from both groups will make up the "Super 12" of the World Cup.
I'd like to see Namibia, Netherlands, Ireland and Scotland to all get through to the Super 12.
Edit

Scotland defeated the West Indies in group B yesterday. It's great to see developing countries like Scotland, Afghanistan and Namibia etc doing well in their cricketing progression.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watching WI v ZIM in T20 WC. How dumb ZIM batsman after a good start. Throwing wickets away at will. Stupid stupid batting after a great start. Win viz had them 52% win chance when they were 3 down. They were no chance then, less now. Idiots.

• Sad

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Handscomb really opening the shoulders just before lunch, is 275 not, Harper 127 not, Victoria 4-605. They've put on 327 the highest ever 5th wicket partnership for Victoria. Wa have just put all 9 fielders are on the boundary,

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Namibia need 14 off the last over against the UAE to win and go through to the Super 12, lose and the Netherlands will go through.

Edit

It was bridge too far for Namibia, I'm happy for the Netherlands, but I wanted Namibia to win and go through.

Last edited:
  • Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Namibia need 14 off the last over against the UAE to win and go through to the Super 12, lose and the Netherlands will go through.
Fantastic effort but just short :(

Still great all four Group A teams won at least a game, good to see the UAE get a win :)

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
And Group B tomorrow Scotland plays Zimbabwe and Windies play Ireland so both winners will go through.

All to play for at Bellerive Oval tomorrow man, should be a good watch.

1666266209304.png

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
What a terrible version of the game this is. Thought I’d give it another go cos it’s the World Cup. It’s just *smile*! They’re killing the game in general with this hit and giggle rubbish.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Don't know why Finch, more times than not chooses to bowl when he wins the toss, did so in all the warm up games and again today.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I can see what you mean TBR after just seeing Warner’s dismissal. Reminiscent of the old local comp lightening premierships.