Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I raise you Maxwell hitting a left handed six over cover.
Real skill would be executing that shot in a test match. In a T20 there is essentially no pressure on a batsman, they are almost expected to play outlandish shots and it doesn't matter if they get out.

What a great atmosphere at the G, it's going off like a bucket of curried prawns in the sun.

The weather looks like it going to be ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
OMG what Year 9 student did the graphics for this pre-game stuff. That ball on screen and the hand coming through the scoreboard was awful.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I thought Ian Smith just annoyed me when he was a commentator for NZ (as he's probably the worst biased commentator I've heard) but it seems like he might just be an awful commentator.

So far he's called the wicketkeeper the wrong name, and he's now just said "this might not be a 300 pitch". What is Ian, what is!! Only had 7 balls so far.

It's unreal, feels like the IPL.

When they aren't rioting, Indian cricket fans are just about the most entertaining spectators in the world I reckon.
Ian Smith the Kiwi commentator said he's never seen or heard an atmosphere like it anywhere around the world.
Obviously hasn't been at the G when the Tiges have been playing in finals.

Reactions: 1 users
Ian Smith the Kiwi commentator said he's never seen or heard an atmosphere like it anywhere around the world.
Obviously hasn't been at the G when the Tiges have been playing in finals.

2017 Prelim is the loudest footy crowd I've ever been in, but it wasn't even close to Indian crowds. When Lambert kicked that first goal you could feel the noise hit you, the big joints in India in the IPL sustain that all night.

When MS Dhoni used to walk out to bat at Chennai it was actually physically painful to sit in the noise. And that's only about 40 or 50k people I think.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user