Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I reckon they think Boland only belongs to MCG tests....

I heard Handscomb is 12th man?? (maybe to prepare him for India)

Get ready for the next Eddie Everywhere....mentioned it before, Nonsense Whateley does football, then horse racing and now cricket. What's next? Australian Open?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I reckon they think Boland only belongs to MCG tests....

I heard Handscomb is 12th man?? (maybe to prepare him for India)

Get ready for the next Eddie Everywhere....mentioned it before, Nonsense Whateley does football, then horse racing and now cricket. What's next? Australian Open?
Only if SEN have the rights. Whateley has always done the other three. He was doing them for the ABC before he shifted to SEN. He also does the Super Bowl for SEN.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Huddo bobbed up on the Big Bash coverage for Fox last night. I thought he had defected elsewhere but it must just have been leaving SEN for AW

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
5, 48, 21, 28, 0, 3, 200, 10.

Does that qualify as great form considering 4 innings were aginst the Windies and they are very poor?

The 200 was remarkable but his form is questionable.
if you take out 7 of the balls that dismissed him he is averaging over 300 this summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
he has taken 1 wicket in the shield this year, for over 100 runs.
And as far as I can tell he didnt play a shield game last year, and the season before had a bowling average of 40.
maybe he will get wickets and it will be an inspired decision, but i reckon the selectors get a bit too clever sometimes.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
5, 48, 21, 28, 0, 3, 200, 10.

Does that qualify as great form considering 4 innings were aginst the Windies and they are very poor?

The 200 was remarkable but his form is questionable.
He has looked in great nick to me every time I've seen him. Even going back to the T20 World Cup he has been striking the ball beautifully. He just keeps getting out. Part of that might be due to how well he is hitting it, i.e. he's going for his shots but he's just slowed a fraction. Today's dismissal a case in point: throughout most of his career that ball would have flashed to the fence, even though the shot wasn't on.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
They are going to take it off him. Impossible to say its not a catch from that footage. His fingers are going to go back because of momentum, his fingers looked to be below the ball.

That's a terrible decision.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Why bother sending those up, just call them not out every time. They never look any different on replays, the footage is never good enough. Until they get better camera technology its pointless.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bullsh*t overturn by Kettleburgh. Once again a decision made before the better vision is shown. Looked to be fingers under it for mine, and the ball bounces from his fingers into his palm. No basis to overrule given it has to be conclusive.

Labuschagne continues to be the luckiest batsmen in the world.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Bullsh*t overturn by Kettleburgh. Once again a decision made before the better vision is shown. Looked to be fingers under it for mine, and the ball bounces from his fingers into his palm. No basis to overrule given it has to be conclusive.

Labuschagne continues to be the luckiest batsmen in the world.
He premidated the overturn. The more you look at it the more it is a catch. What a shocker, simply not conclusive to overturn.

Agree on Marnus being lucky.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Why bother sending those up, just call them not out every time. They never look any different on replays, the footage is never good enough. Until they get better camera technology its pointless.

It's another example of how people sooking about officiating have ruined sport.

Umpire should make a call and we all live with it, same as the ARC, the virtual ref, the tennis lines and everything else. That's sport.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
It's another example of how people sooking about officiating have ruined sport.

Umpire should make a call and we all live with it, same as the ARC, the virtual ref, the tennis lines and everything else. That's sport.
Disagree. Getting more decisions correct is an improvement. And using technology is also a deterrent to corruption. There is too much money at stake to simply leave it to umpires. Professional sport isn't a social weekend game.

Improve the technology and the process. The NFL is a prime example of getting more crucial scoring decisions correct and is better for it.

And, in situations like we just have, if you can't prove them conclusively wrong leave it to the umpire.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Hilarious they are now saying Kettleburgh didn't get the zoomed in footage. Farcical.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't believe we still have this old 'bad light stopped play' rule in this country. We're not the UK.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Amazing that 7 showed zoomed in footage straight after the decision had been made, absolutely disgraceful.
The stupid thing is he put so much faith in the side-on footage. Your hands are naturally going to be forced back by the momentum of the ball. It doesn't mean it bounced on the grass at all. You could see Harmer's grip on the ball did not change and his fingers were wrapped under the ball as they showed him raising his hand.

At worst you go with the onfield decision, but the footage really confirms it was a catch.