Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Both Heads and Marnis dismissals showed the pitch is not conducive to aggressive stroke play. It is slow and bounce variable.
Better to score carefully.
India bat last..so the longer the
game lasts the better.
Smith and Uzzi in control.
Need over 300 as a minimum.

Both Heads and Marnis dismissals showed the pitch is not conducive to aggressive stroke play. It is slow and bounce variable.
Better to score carefully.
India bat last..so the longer the
game lasts the better.
Smith and Uzzi in control.
Need over 300 as a minimum.
Really ? Waugh and co are talking about it being a 400+ wicket. It’s playing pretty well.

In fact hearing the head groundskeeper has been forced to flee the country.

Really ? Waugh and co are talking about it being a 400+ wicket. It’s playing pretty well.

In fact hearing the head groundskeeper has been forced to flee the country.
Maybe India made a draw pitch. Don’t they need a win though to make the test final thing?

Reactions: 1 users
Gavaskar said that there'd be about 50,000 people at the ground, I know it holds 130,000, but I still like to know where they're all sitting.

Reactions: 1 user
India will be happy with a draw.
400 is ideal but having lost Head and Marnus cheaply , that is a way off. It is a 400 pitch for sure.

What’s your crowd estimate Toiges ?
It looks like quite a few might have left, looked to be more there before lunch. Apparently PM Modi was wanting all his lackeys there......only in India.

"Thousands of frustrated cricket fans will not be able to attend day one of the fourth Test in India due to 85000 tickets being set aside for ..."

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
It looks like quite a few might have left, looked to be more there before lunch. Apparently PM Modi was wanting all his lackeys there......only in India.

"Thousands of frustrated cricket fans will not be able to attend day one of the fourth Test in India due to 85000 tickets being set aside for ..."

Albo is very popular Toiges. They came when he came, then left when he left. Think I heard them chanting “Alboh… Albohhhh.”

• Haha
They were in good "voice", and were chanting "from the heart"
Reckon the Indian population (here in Australia) is an untapped market for Richmond. They relate/revere Tigers don’t they ? Their sporting enthusiasm is awesome I reckon.

Reckon the Indian population (here in Australia) is an untapped market for Richmond. They relate/revere Tigers don’t they ? Their sporting enthusiasm is awesome I reckon.
I'm taking 6 Indians I met at the World Cup T-20 tournament in Oct-Nov to Richmond games this year.
They didn't have a team here yet, so told them now you're Tigers and you're coming to a game!! :mhihi

No need to convince them when I Googled and showed them this pic man ;)

1678352894956.png

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yep, Benny Gale was wanting to play an exhibition game there wasn't he.

1678352864113.png

And now Handscomb.

As I mentioned before, this is what can happen when you just occupy the crease. Too slow Smith and Kwah.

Inviting pressure.
We're getting stooged with spin and fast bowling. That was worse than Smith.