Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

looks like 50 ppl again have tuned up for the second day of the SA vs WI test ( would like to know the actual numbers )..WI 4-74 struggling. Free on TV here enjoying my cricket fix :)

Reactions: 1 users
Weather's scorching there (heatwave), so hopefully we can hold for a good 1st innings score.

Reactions: 1 user
Green and Head look great to me. They’re the future those two. They don’t have to rip it up each innings, I just like their strength and aesthetics at the crease. They’ve got quality and power about them. Big futures I reckon. Think they’ll be good for Australia for a long time to come.

Well done Ussie for a century and also Green near 50. Best innings I've seen Green bat.

A great ton from Khawaja, could tell early in the first session that he had set himself for a big innings.

Reactions: 5 users
Decent return for the day. Not convinced this pitch is conducive to high scores, sounds like variable bounce. If they can press on to 350-400 or more we should be in a great position to win.

DS

Decent return for the day. Not convinced this pitch is conducive to high scores, sounds like variable bounce. If they can press on to 350-400 or more we should be in a great position to win.

DS
If only....this was the 1st test.

Sunil Gavaskar, India's expert commentator:
"Haydos, I haven't seen much of Smith, is he a compulsive hooker?"

Sunny, Steve Smith, been playing for Australia for about 13 years, pretty handy bat. Ring any bells?

• Haha
Flawless innings from Ussie. Head and shoulders our best bat in the series, arguably on both sides. So good to see his renaissance, he's elevated to a level alongside the likes of Martyn, Chappelli, Lawry, M.Waugh, Slater, Walters now.

Green was great too, an antidote to Smith's conservative knock.

Reactions: 4 users
I was never really convinced about Ussie, but he's made me eat humble pie. Well done fella, I dips my lid to you. :clap2(y)

How exciting is this kid Green. Will average over 40 with the bat and under 30 with the ball soon and forever. And great in the gully too. Best all-round prospect we've had since Keith Miller.

Reactions: 3 users
How exciting is this kid Green. Will average over 40 with the bat and under 30 with the ball soon and forever. And great in the gully too. Best all-round prospect we've had since Keith Miller.
I reckon he'll be our greatest ever all-rounder when he's done.

I reckon he'll be our greatest ever all-rounder when he's done.
Keith Miller played footy for St Kilda and Victoria, was a fighter pilot, could bat anywhere, opened the bowling, caught everything, and rooted the queen's sister. And was so damn handsome he could have had Carey Grant's job any time he wanted it. If he's not the greatest all-rounder in history he's in the grand final with Da Vinci.

• Haha
  • Love
A shame that Green wasn't fit for the first to tests.