Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've seen enough of Carey, he's a good cricketer, but Inglis is better. Get him into the test side.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
For a smart guy he is making some dumb decisions with the bat. Keeping brilliantly though and that should come first.

So important for these guys to cobble out another hour or so here, get close to 500.
It's good to see the tail putting on some good runs, after the disaster of the first 2 tests.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Heard on SEN our tail (8-11) was on target to record the worst result in Test cricket, combined average of elevenish since 1912.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Heard on SEN our tail (8-11) was on target to record the worst result in Test cricket, combined average of elevenish since 1912.

Bit harsh on the tail I reckon seeing as this must have been one of the lowest scoring test series of all time to this point. Proportionally they are likely making a similar percentage, just it's a percentage of stuff all.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm finding this commentary too biased. All quiet when we're doing well, but hysterics when they're doing well. Even get over-excited about that ball finding bloke - superhero.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good score in the end, should we have picked another pace bowler instead of so many spinners? Time will tell but a pitch with some low bounce could have been good for pace bowlers.

Now, we need to get the Indians out with a decent first innings lead, set them a big target, and hope it spins on the last day.

DS

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Keith Miller played footy for St Kilda and Victoria, was a fighter pilot, could bat anywhere, opened the bowling, caught everything, and rooted the queen's sister. And was so damn handsome he could have had Carey Grant's job any time he wanted it. If he's not the greatest all-rounder in history he's in the grand final with Da Vinci.
That's all very good but what did he do on Tuesday...

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Keith Miller played footy for St Kilda and Victoria, was a fighter pilot, could bat anywhere, opened the bowling, caught everything, and rooted the queen's sister. And was so damn handsome he could have had Carey Grant's job any time he wanted it. If he's not the greatest all-rounder in history he's in the grand final with Da Vinci.
I still haven’t read the Roland Perry biography of him, everyone talks about how incredible it is.

Makes Warnie and Freddie Flintoff look like choir boys.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I still haven’t read the Roland Perry biography of him, everyone talks about how incredible it is.

Makes Warnie and Freddie Flintoff look like choir boys.
If he'd been American Hollywood would have made three films about him.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If he'd been American Hollywood would have made three films about him.
Makes no sense he was born in Sunshine. Love the fact that after he did a raid in WW2 he took a diversion to fly over Beethoven's birthplace.

• Love

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
My old man played grade cricket in Sydney against Ray Lindwell and then in Melbourne against Miller.

Said Lindwall was quick and moved the ball beautifully, but Miller was something else.

Quicker, could move it and generated crazy bounce. Had that lunatic element about him where you're never quite sure where the ball is going because neither is he. Reckoned it was genuinely scary to face.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I get the pitch is not going to suit him, but Starc bowled poorly last night and looks to be way off today as well.

Just get some line and length happening.

Reactions: 2 users