Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It's a draw. Indians did it on purpose with this batting pitch to avoid any possible win for us.
Of course they did. The pitch in the 3rd Test backfired on them and by engineering a draw in this one they get out with a 2 - 1 series win. We were a win at all costs team prior to Sandpapergate. We’ve got nothing on this mob in that respect.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The problem is there are too many international venues in India.

In Australia you could ask the curator to prepare a raging greentop to play India on and they will tell you to get stuffed because the ground management don't want the game over inside 3 days. Not like you can walk away from playing at the MCG or the SCG or most other venues so you have to cop it.

India has over 20 international venues so you don't want to be the place where the team loses or isn't happy with conditions or you won't see another test for 10 years.
Most likely truth to what you say. However, the pitch preparation at our venues is left in the hands of the local curator in charge - proven by the awful green track prepared mistakenly in Brissy for recent SA test - can't see why ACB woukd ever want such a over-green wicket leading to a prematurely ended match with significant revenue losses in a short series.

Whereas, in India, the BCCI sends its own curators to direct the pitch preparation , completely over-ruling the regular curator.

What does that tell you?

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Boland would have done what he did in the first test - keep it tight without ever looking like getting a wicket.

I did tell you guys to expect a road. This pitch is dead. Thought the Aussies used Starc and Green too much yesterday and underbowled the two rookie spinners.
You are very confident in your opinion. I stand fully by mine. None of the 3 pitches over there - e.g. red soil/black soil - have been exactly the same and no-one will ever know what Boland may have done on pitch 2 or the current one, but he has been very successful at the G on pitches that dry up, break up and keep low, probably the closest relative experience to these conditions in India. He is used to toiling on unhelpful pitches and taking wickets where others fail. It's been conveniently forgotten that he took 25 wickets in five matches at an average of less than 11 in his debut test series.

It will never be known what he may have done this Indian series; but I am highly confident he would have achieved far more that the incredibly wasteful Starc. Sami has taken plenty of wickets to prove a quick can make an impact there, but Starc sends most deliveries down leg or wide outside off.

[ For starters, Boland's test average is 12.20; Starc's 27.27] Starc has little success against India or in Asia. Trying Boland just once for a guy that just bowls so loosely so often is not based on evidence.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Scott Boland been let go from the Indian tour early so he can play for the Vics v WA.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Kunneman just given out LBW again by arguably the most inept umpire ever, Menon, who either has not worked out yet that a lot of Ashwin's balls are arm balls that DO NOT turn back to the stumps, or really has another agenda. Or possibly is just a fanboy of Indian cricketing gods like Ashwin and Co. Later, the footage showed it be missing leg comfortably.

Followed by justifications by Shastri (I think) and inane platitudes from Bogle and Hayden about why tailenders don't desreve to access reviews. WTF?

How about the paid, appointed umpire perform like a competent professional btw?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Incredible scenes, the Sri Lankan fielder gathers the ball, his foot was a cigarette paper from the rope, 8 needed off the last over.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wow, what a finish, a DRS for a run out off the last ball, Williamson just made his ground, the Kiwis get the runs off the last ball.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well done to the Vic's on making it to the shield final!