Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geez, I didnt even realise the ODIs in India had started on Friday. Straya all out 188 in the 36th over losing 8/59 in the process. India, after being 5/83, got there easily in the end.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
It looked like a different Australia last night, rolled India for 117 and then Mitch Marsh and Travis Head blasted the runs in 11 overs!

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Day 1 of the Vic's v WA shield final, Vic's batting first, 1-33.

Lehmann made the interesting observation of a potential WA side that ISN'T playing today due to various reasons:

S Marsh
M Marsh
J Inglis
M Stoinis
C Green
C Connolly
D Short
A Agar
J Behrendorf
J Richardson
D Moody

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah but Agar's a Victorian. And S.Marsh has retired.

Looks like we've landed on our new ODI opening partnership. Mitch Marsh and Head complement each other and hit boundaries.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Vics struggling at 6/129. Interesting that Lance Morris has 2 wickets from no balls and that only wicket taking balls are checked for no balls (and Morris apparently has bowled quite a few)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Perry just took one of the best catches I’ve ever seen, Wa 4/53, after the Vics were all out for 195, absorbing cricket.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Perry just took one of the best catches I’ve ever seen,
He's a terrific young all-round prospect. Averaging 27.8 with the ball and has a textbook batting technique.

What about the kid Chandrasinghe? Carried his bat in just his ninth first-class game. 46* off 280 balls! More like Chandratavare!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He's a terrific young all-round prospect. Averaging 27.8 with the ball and has a textbook batting technique.

What about the kid Chandrasinghe? Carried his bat in just his ninth first-class game. 46* off 280 balls! More like Chandratavare!
Yes the Vics have some good youngsters coming through, Sutherland is a very impressive all rounder, has been around for awhile, but is only 23, he and Boland have bowled very well, Boland has had them playing and missing a lot.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Vics going down in the final at Perth, 2-19 in their second innings, still 101 runs behind.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yes the Vics have some good youngsters coming through, Sutherland is a very impressive all rounder, has been around for awhile, but is only 23, he and Boland have bowled very well, Boland has had them playing and missing a lot.
Yep, pity they'll have to move to Sydney, Perth or Brisbane to be considered for Australian selection.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not surprising, just further proof of who runs world cricket.

"The pitch for the third Test of the Border-Gavaskar series was initially rated as 'poor' and received three demerit points. However, after an appeal from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the rating has been changed from 'poor' to 'below average".

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
It's very corrupt.
Indian owns Australia Cricket.

The Indians where I live absolutely love it.
They are good blokes and it's good banter (mostly Geelong supporters) but it does feel like I live India now...not Australia

80/20 ratio Indians.
Hundreds arriving weekly.
Very hard for them with cost of living atm.

Many working 3 jobs .

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
World Test Championship Final and Men's Ashes squad:
Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis
Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (vc)
Mitchell Starc, David Warner

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
How the smile is Warner included?

Talk about going bsckwards.
Head demonstrated in India he's the man.
Stop picking old favourites and settle the team!!!!

Reactions: 2 users