Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I thought his tendency to want to hit everything behind point would find him out but he's rounding out his game. Still very much an offside player (104 of 146 runs on the offside) but his onside play has improved - played a beautiful on-drive last night and his pulling and hooking is much better these days too. And his ability to hit good balls for four to third man/backward point would be so frustrating for bowlers.

We need him to lead the next generation alongside Marnus, Green and hopefully Pucovksi.

I thought his tendency to want to hit everything behind point would find him out but he's rounding out his game. Still very much an offside player (104 of 146 runs on the offside) but his onside play has improved - played a beautiful on-drive last night and his pulling and hooking is much better these days too. And his ability to hit good balls for four to third man/backward point would be so frustrating for bowlers.

We need him to lead the next generation alongside Marnus, Green and hopefully Pucovksi.

In your defence I still think his technique is poor, never really looks in to me.

It's funny how we are in a bit of an era where technique in the most technical sports is becoming less relevant. Steve Smith, Scotty Scheffler are the best in the world with dog *smile* techniques in traditional measures.

Sports science and analytics are opening doors players of the past would never have dreamed of.

In your defence I still think his technique is poor, never really looks in to me.

It's funny how we are in a bit of an era where technique in the most technical sports is becoming less relevant. Steve Smith, Scotty Scheffler are the best in the world with dog *smile* techniques in traditional measures.

Sports science and analytics are opening doors players of the past would never have dreamed of.

Agree.

Look at Tim Taranto. Poor kicking technique, but as we all know - elite footballer!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Aust all out for 469.

Starc opening the bowling, when he's good he's good, when he's bad..................