Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The stage is set for MS Dhoni here I reckon.

He's love to end his one day career as the great finisher by finishing this.
Not for mine, he is a selfish flog of the highest order.

They brought up the Herschelle Gibbs catch and the old you've dropped the world cup line comes up.

Asked if he said it, he goes something like that but it was 20 years ago, I can't really remember.

Translation: No, I didn't say it. It's a complete lie that I've let run over the years.

Don’t denigrate legends. Stick to massage.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Carey should play the ashes and bat st 6. Play the 4 quicks plus Lyon. Unlucky for Paine but Carey is a serious batsman.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I know its Maxwells natural game, but he was playing too aggressively for where this game is placed and there not being much left, sure Cummins and Starc can bat but Maxwell / Smith was the partnership Australia needed

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
not looking good. But, 224 on the board. They gotta get em.

how was that runout direct hit through smith's legs? and not just through his legs but through his upper thighs? a whole new dimension to threading the eye of a needle. never seen anything like it. Reminds me of the old Beverley Hillbillies line, 'he could shoot the egg out from under a chicken and not move a feather'.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Stoinis and Maxwell did what they have done for the previous 9 WC games. Sweet F All.

Not sure why the selectors were expecting any different. They both simply aren't good enough (for different reasons).

Can we please now move on from them.

Hint - Including the most impressive and destructive batsman outside national colours for many a year is a good start. ;

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
A wonder we made semis, in hindsight, playing 2 short all the time, carrying 2-3 sightseers. Better off playing both Paine & Carey. Criminal also to ignore Hazlewood. Offer far more than the fraud allrounders bar consistent failure. Selectors & coach deserve a bucket. Most of the best performers in CWC 2019 have been test players so find & pick best 13 for tests & they should also form the nucleus for shorter formats. Warner the only successful graduate (my memory) from T20 to tests otherwise T20 the playground of the neverwases & best ignored.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
A good effort to make the semis given the side we had. Simply not good enough.
Heavily reliant on Finch and Warner at the top and Starc with the ball. Once we lost the two openers early it was game over.

Whilst the sides will be different in the ashes, we will be heavily reliant on Steve Smith yet again to make a mountain of runs.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
A good effort to make the semis given the side we had. Simply not good enough.
Heavily reliant on Finch and Warner at the top and Starc with the ball. Once we lost the two openers early it was game over.

Whilst the sides will be different in the ashes, we will be heavily reliant on Steve Smith yet again to make a mountain of runs.
Agree. Beaten semi-finalists is about where we are at this stage after the horrible 2018. India and England the two best teams, so lets see how England goes in a final they should win.

Smith looked a class above the other Aus batsmen and the English bowling was generally very good.

Sadly, some of the Victorians who played in the SF had awful matches. I suspect Stoinis will be having nightmares about his dismissal for a while.

The revelation for me was Alex Carey. His batting was excellent and it was very impressive to see him bat through the obvious discomfort he was in. I'm not sure where he in in the list of candidates for #1 keeper in the test team.

Very much looking forward to the Ashes.

Reactions: 1 users