Cricket

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
These can be the best games of cricket.
A 50-over game where the team batting first makes a competitive total but not quite enough, but they get early wickets.
The overs limitation goes out the window and it becomes more like normal cricket.
NZ still have to get them all out.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Stating the obvious, the Kiwi’s are going to be hard to beat now. I’m a big fan of Pant though, he should’ve been in India’s initial World Cup squad, If India are to somehow get up, I reckon Pant will have a big say in it.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
How good is it listening to Steve Waugh
Not for mine, he is a selfish flog of the highest order.

They brought up the Herschelle Gibbs catch and the old you've dropped the world cup line comes up.

Asked if he said it, he goes something like that but it was 20 years ago, I can't really remember.

Translation: No, I didn't say it. It's a complete lie that I've let run over the years.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not for mine, he is a selfish flog of the highest order.

They brought up the Herschelle Gibbs catch and the old you've dropped the world cup line comes up.

Asked if he said it, he goes something like that but it was 20 years ago, I can't really remember.

Translation: No, I didn't say it. It's a complete lie that I've let run over the years.
I think he’s said before that he didn’t say it as “you just dropped the World Cup” but that he did chirp Gibbs about dropping the catch.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Well done to New Zealand, a very good win. India were still a chance in the 49th over, until a brilliant throw from Guptill ran out Dhoni.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Yep. I've been guilty of bagging the Kiwis but that was magnificent. Beating cricket's answer to the Collingwood Football Club like that was great to see.
Almost wouldn't mind seeing them win it even if it's against us.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Well done Black caps ,

Nz will probably never have the best team in the world , but they fight above their weight better than anyone ,

Shaun graf said that to me .

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Right now, there are five links at the top of CricInfo right now about the semi final. Four of them are from an Indian perspective. Even the fifth one asks "Williamson on if he would pick Dhoni in his side". Just remind me again, who won the game?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Right now, there are five links at the top of CricInfo right now about the semi final. Four of them are from an Indian perspective. Even the fifth one asks "Williamson on if he would pick Dhoni in his side". Just remind me again, who won the game?

Doesn't matter who won the game, it matters who owns the game these days

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
New Zealand were very good, some of the best new ball bowling you'll see.

Same issues still exist for them, but they are one of the best in the world in low scoring games.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Cricinfo is an Indian site so not surprised that they dominate the links.
Australia 3/15 with handscomb beaten all ends up. Desperate for Smith's talents to bat 40 overs and Maxi to pull the trigger finally.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Poor old Pete Handscomb. I haven't seen anyone that comprehensively bowled since under thirteen country week.