Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Even better just go back to the rear foot no ball umpires had time to see where the foot landed then look up to see the delivery or call the no ball in time for the batsman to realise and take a swing.

Probably works against limited overs formats where the main focus is big hitting. The batsman's reaction time against a quick would be reduced by 7-8% on average.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Probably works against limited overs formats where the main focus is big hitting. The batsman's reaction time against a quick would be reduced by 7-8% on average.
Wouldn't it be the other way round? Bowler plants the rear foot behind the stumps line n then rotates onto his front foot to release the ball. If you've got to wait until the front foot is planted and the bowler is through his delivery arc then there'd be way less time for the batter to react.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Wouldn't it be the other way round? Bowler plants the rear foot behind the stumps line n then rotates onto his front foot to release the ball. If you've got to wait until the front foot is planted and the bowler is through his delivery arc then there'd be way less time for the batter to react.

Ah, I was talking generally, not about warning time for no-balls. The bowler is ~1.5m further down the wicket when releasing the ball. I imagine that difference would be significant when bowling at extreme speeds.

Edit: Never mind my nonsense. Was thinking under the old rule that the back foot only had to be behind the popping crease, not the crease that the stumps are situated on.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kiwi all rounder Santner has had a day out, got his maiden test century and then took 3 wickets to have the Poms 3/53, needing another 200 odd runs to make the Kiwis bat again.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Due to the poms gettin rolled early by the kiwis, Fox are showing highlights from the final test of my all-time favourite Dennis Lillee and G.Chappell. 1984 at the SCG.

Funny the things we forget.... rope about a metre in from the fence and kids jumping over to field the ball.... these days they'd be gang tackled by a dozen goons, locked up, fined 10k and banned for life!
Not sure the world is a better place for all of that!
Geez Greg Chappell was beautiful to watch in full flight!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Warner making another ton v Pakistan. To me it feels hollow. He was hopelessly inept against a quality English attack in England but now safely back home he’s beating up an inferior Pakistan attack.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tough crowd. I'm no fan of Warner but i would have thought his overall record is pretty imposing.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Finch has been subbed out of the shield game after getting hit in the helmet/head while fielding yesterday, Dean comes into the side.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In the test between NZ and the Poms a big solid security guard got hit on the head on the boundary from a ball that went for a six. The big fella hardly batted an eye lid, not sure whether the ball was damaged. Kiwis all for 375.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Warner making another ton v Pakistan. To me it feels hollow. He was hopelessly inept against a quality English attack in England but now safely back home he’s beating up an inferior Pakistan attack.
250 is a good feast. Time to give another batsman a chance unless we declare soon. Too much bingeing from Warner.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Should have stayed on 334 with The Don and Haydon, or gone on a bit further. Smacks of selfishness to me.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What a waste of money. Obvious low crowd for a Saturday night at the Adelaide Oval. Do opposition teams/nations always turn up drunk to our games?