Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watching the third test, Windies v, Poms, Rakheen Cornwall is a big unit.
Kemar Roach bowled well.
Stuart Broad still gives me the *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ireland have chased down 328 runs against England in an ODI. There biggest ever run chase, they got there off the second last ball :clap2

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pakistan 2/121 at tea on day 1 of the first Test v England. Babar Azam is such a classy player, so good to watch.

The quality of the Sky coverage is so superior to the Nine goons or Fox here. Great special on the Pakistan situation. As much as cricket needs a strong West Indies, a strong Pakistan makes the game compelling as well.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Surprised to see not one comment here on last night's fiasco. We do this alot in white-ball cricket. Batting second, our openers often put us in an unassailable position only to get dismissed. Nrs 3, 4, 5 bat like the game is all over, and then 6, 7 and 8 aren't up to it. Pathetic really.

While watching the game (here in Denmark last night my time) I was struck by the absurdity of playing a T20 game in front of no crowd at night. Cricket, or indeed any sport, was first played at night so that more people could attend the match after work. Now there is no crowd. Yes, I get that there is still a TV audience, but if they were obsessed with that, they could have played the game during the day, broadcast it at night, and save a huge electricity bill. And in this case, if they'd played it at say, 11.00, it would have been prime time viewing in Australia.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Surprised to see not one comment here on last night's fiasco. We do this alot in white-ball cricket. Batting second, our openers often put us in an unassailable position only to get dismissed. Nrs 3, 4, 5 bat like the game is all over, and then 6, 7 and 8 aren't up to it. Pathetic really.

While watching the game (here in Denmark last night my time) I was struck by the absurdity of playing a T20 game in front of no crowd at night. Cricket, or indeed any sport, was first played at night so that more people could attend the match after work. Now there is no crowd. Yes, I get that there is still a TV audience, but if they were obsessed with that, they could have played the game during the day, broadcast it at night, and save a huge electricity bill. And in this case, if they'd played it at say, 11.00, it would have been prime time viewing in Australia.
Here in Australia this game was on overnight so personally I didn’t watch it. Saw the headline, didn’t really bother me. T20 cricket, meh.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I cannot stand much 20/20 but watched a replay of the 2nd 20/20 against the poms. We really lack a quality spinner. Zampa is simply too hittable, Agar is a part-timer. And Agar doesn't do enough with the bat despite always looking like he'll do something. We seem a fair way off the best 20/20 sides.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I cannot stand much 20/20 but watched a replay of the 2nd 20/20 against the poms. We really lack a quality spinner. Zampa is simply too hittable, Agar is a part-timer. And Agar doesn't do enough with the bat despite always looking like he'll do something. We seem a fair way off the best 20/20 sides.
I watched our innings. We still seem to really struggle with the T20 concept. It was pedestrian batting.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ch7 threatening to walk away from their contract with CA in regards to televising cricket this summer. Ch7 threatening not to pay their next installment of $25m due next Tuesday.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CA is in big trouble
True but channel 7 are idiots. The Big Bash has rarely had the test or ODI players playing anyway so to say that the quality will be diminished is a bit of a nonsense. And there has never really been many OS players playing because they got greedy and made the season too long with too many games. I quite like Hutchy's idea that India should field a stand alone team in this year's Big Bash.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Australia chasing England’s 231 went from 2/144 to all out 207. Good work lads.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Ch7 threatening to walk away from their contract with CA in regards to televising cricket this summer. Ch7 threatening not to pay their next installment of $25m due next Tuesday.
Channel 7 are just trying to get a discount on their broadcast deal to save some coin. Their argument is flimsy at best.