Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Live sport in general is.

Not sure what you mean? You mean people attending live sport or watching it?

Because I don't think either are in trouble, if you have the right product there are plenty of people wanting to attend and watch in this country.

I think if anything people will appreciate the ability to attend even more - I know I am dying to attend a live game.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Couldn't sleep last night so I watched a fantastic Aussie victory in the 3rd ODI. Starc dismissed Roy and Root with the first two balls of the match, then England got 302. Australia was 5/73 before Maxwell (108) and Carey (106) put on 212. Then they both got out inside the last three overs, leaving Starc and Cummins 10 to get off the last over. The leggie Rashid, Starc facing his first ball, creamed it down the ground for 6. A couple of singles, Starc sweep for 4 to win with two balls to spare. Starc 11* off 3. Maxwell man of the match and series, eat that leyser. ;)

Great English summer of cricket and wonderful coverage by Sky Sports. Even Warnie is smarter surrounded by Atherton, Hussain, Key and Ward. They bring out the best in him.

Highlight of the summer was Mikey Holding's and Ebony Rainford-Brent's passionate BLM pieces.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Couldn't sleep last night so I watched a fantastic Aussie victory in the 3rd ODI. Starc dismissed Roy and Root with the first two balls of the match, then England got 302. Australia was 5/73 before Maxwell (108) and Carey (106) put on 212. Then they both got out inside the last three overs, leaving Starc and Cummins 10 to get off the last over. The leggie Rashid, Starc facing his first ball, creamed it down the ground for 6. A couple of singles, Starc sweep for 4 to win with two balls to spare. Starc 11* off 3. Maxwell man of the match and series, eat that leyser. ;)

Great English summer of cricket and wonderful coverage by Sky Sports. Even Warnie is smarter surrounded by Atherton, Hussain, Key and Ward. They bring out the best in him.

Highlight of the summer was Mikey Holding's and Ebony Rainford-Brent's passionate BLM pieces.

Snap. Watched the incredible start and fell asleep, woke up at 2.50am and we were 2/40 odd. Watched the rest and had a sense it could be something special when Carey got the no ball reprieve.

Maxy a great innings, jeez I reckon Hussein just wanted him out to a reckless shot. His choice of shot and timing was superb most of the time. Carey is a massive talent, can play to all parts of the ground.

The most enjoyable one-dayer I've seen in years. Played in great spirit too. Warnie knows his stuff, the poms are very good commentators have enjoyed them.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Both Ashton Agar and Michael Neser starting the shield season by each making a ton and taking 5 wickets, hasn’t been done in 10 years (Mitchell Johnson) then happens twice in 2 days.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Vics are off to a good start in their first shield game of the season. SA after winning the toss and batting are 5/76.
Dutchy Holland has hybrid version of a Dusty Martin haircut.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The Vics are off to a good start in their first shield game of the season. SA after winning the toss and batting are 5/76.
Dutchy Holland has hybrid version of a Dusty Martin haircut.
Vic's first wicket down, 1-486. Harris 239, Pucovski 233n.o.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Well done to the 2 Vic boys. There’s already been a dozen tons so far in the opening shield games so it appears they’re making plumb tracks (which makes rolling SA for 200 a great effort).

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yes, they are going well, are you watching on cricket.com.au?
The Vics have got a very young bowling side, there's two 20 year olds on debut and Sutherland is 21.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yes, they are going well, are you watching on cricket.com.au?
The Vics have got a very young bowling side, there's two 20 year olds on debut and Sutherland is 21.
No, just checked scores on cricnfo. If he gets close to 300 I might have a bo-peep on Kayo.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Croweaters 2-10.
Funny old game. SA all out 200. Vics open with 2 double hundreds. Nic Maddinson comes in and goes whack whack but first ball after lunch gets bowled from a Travis Head dolly. Then Vics declare after that ball at 3/564. Then SA 2-14.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
This partnership broke the all-time 30-year old Sheffield Shield record held by Mark and Steve Waugh of 464 they set against WA in 1990.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Funny old game. SA all out 200. Vics open with 2 double hundreds. Nic Maddinson comes in and goes whack whack but first ball after lunch gets bowled from a Travis Head dolly. Then Vics declare after that ball at 3/564. Then SA 2-14.
The Croweaters aren't having a real good time of it of late, the AFL :rotfl1 , no more Supercars and not much has changed in their third shield game of the season.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Seems to me there are two spots up for grabs in the Test team: opener and no.6. Pucovski and Green. Get 'em in.