Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
This is a state level bowling attack on a flat track.
Minimum score of 450 .
Unfortunately world cricket, Australia included, is of an ordinary standard.
We have 2 test class batters only. Very sad.
Green has his chance. Will get none better.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Wade should never play again. I have been a fan for his determination at times but he's just not good enough.
If there isn't a player in Australian first class cricket 10 years younger who can offer the same, then we have a real problem.
Someone said state level? I've seen many better district attacks.
I reckon even Labuschagne who got 100 is sitting there thinking he's thrown away 250 here.
Mark Waugh spot on. They've mentally relaxed because the bowling is sh!te and everyone thinks it's just going to happen.

On another matter, Isa Guha just said that Labuschagne's brother plays rugby for Japan.
Interesting. Is it true? Not mentioned on either's wikipedia page.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think the Indians have bowled well, especially with such an inexperienced attack. Of course I think we’ve been a tad over cautious as well.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Aim should be to bat until mid afternoon tomorrow...Good to hear radio commentary (abc) link Labuschagne's ton to Martin's 4th goal in the 2020 GF...

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Maxwell is missing a trick here with the Stars. He should be batting no lower than #3, preferably opening in this league. Fletcher is a club cricketer. You only get 120 balls in this game, you want one of Stoinis or Maxi facing 60 of them.

Stoinis
Maxi
Maddinson
Larkin

the rest

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Maddison is one of the more overrated cricketers in the BBL although not sure anyone really rated him now?

shows how poor the stars batting depth is if he is at 3 or 4.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
India starting day 2 pretty well.
Sundar hasn't played first class cricket since 2017, before this test.
Good to see Starc at least have a look before going big.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
369 ended up being a good total, still, we went from 5/311 to all out 369 losing 5/58 this morning.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Said it before, I'll say it again.....why does Cummins, the best bowler in the world not open the bowling?

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Said it before, I'll say it again.....why does Cummins, the best bowler in the world not open the bowling?
Heard a coach explain Starc's optimum value to the team mainly with the new ball whereas Cummins a proven wicket taker, old & new ball.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Starc is just becoming a liability. Doesn't take enough top order wickets, leaks runs and bowls so inconsistenly.