Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Was great when Bumrah came to the wicket, the Indians were looking down the barrel at 8/209 with a lead of 183. The Poms got stuck into him en masse when he got to the crease. As verbal as any Aust team I've seen go at a player. The umps had to step in a number of times. Bumrah swang hard at his first 10 balls. He got hit in the helmet twice. But geez he showed some guts, he got right across in front of his stumps and built in confidence. So did Shami. And the poms bowlers kept bowling short rubbish (as the Aussies have done at the tail previously) and didn't bowl good line and l;ength. And Root set awful fields. No slips at times or a floating 4th/5th slip. It was mind blowingly dumb.
Kohli has created a competitive monster in India, they refuse to be bullied. Kohli really has been an amazing cricketer for them.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
HS headline : 'Aussies Horror T20 Word Cup Draw'

I assume that means we have drawn Bangladesh :)

• Wow
  • Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ha, there’s an article in the HUN by Peter Lalor suggesting this summer (he doesn’t say when this summer though) is the perfect time for Langer to pull the pin.

The knives are out.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
HS headline : 'Aussies Horror T20 Word Cup Draw'

I assume that means we have drawn Bangladesh :)
We literally could have been drawn against any combination of teams and it be considered a horror draw. We actually got lucky as is not being drawn against India or Pakistan given the conditions that will be on offer.

Bangladesh actually have to go through the qualifying stage first before even making it to the main draw (tells you where we are at given we just lost 4-1 to them!).

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good to see everyone catching up on Langer. It's only taken Glenn Maxwell's prime to figure it out. Maybe Bancroft should get another go? Or some other West Aussie who fits Langer's cricket nerd archetype.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good to see everyone catching up on Langer. It's only taken Glenn Maxwell's prime to figure it out. Maybe Bancroft should get another go? Or some other West Aussie who fits Langer's cricket nerd archetype.
I know you’re joking re Bancroft but has there been a worse batsman (that’s played 10 tests or more ) in the last 30 years? And with such a terrible technique?

Ave 26 in his 18 test innings.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I know you’re joking re Bancroft but has there been a worse batsman (that’s played 10 tests or more ) in the last 30 years? And with such a terrible technique?

Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014

Yep you've got me. In terms of techniques, Travis Head's is interesting to say the least, but he actually has a decent Test record to date.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
15 man World Cup squad has been announced. Henriques, Carey, Tye, Phillippe and Turner all omitted from the recent tour. Christian and Ellis travelling reserves.

Inglis the big mover coming into the squad as back up gloveman. I am a fan - I think he should actually be ahead of Carey in the pecking order in all formats.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think anyone who has ever had anything to do with the Australian Cricket team would be pretty down on Malcolm Conn today.

To speak out of school like that is unbecoming the privilege of being in the inner sanctum. It's tacky and unAustralian.

He should be ashamed of himself.
What did he say TBR?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think anyone who has ever had anything to do with the Australian Cricket team would be pretty down on Malcolm Conn today.

To speak out of school like that is unbecoming the privilege of being in the inner sanctum. It's tacky and unAustralian.

He should be ashamed of himself.
Foxes and hen houses.

Reactions: 1 user