Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gee Warne really hates Starc. Keep going on about Burns missing a juicy half volley that didn't swing.
Yeah, I'm watching it several times and I'm thinking "what am I missing, it's swung a mile"

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Good piece this on how Warne handled criticism back in the day....... not very well.

Great article. I was shocked when Warne said Paine shouldn't play the first test (after the textgate saga first broke) and then said Smith shouldn't be captain because of Sandpaper Gate. And Warne Was always dark after he was as never appointed captain because of his misdemeanors.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Butler and Pope fighting back. Innings so far has been 3-11 followed by 2-97 so doesn't seem as horrific as some of the england batsmen (Malan and Burns mainly) made it appear.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Far out. I'm not posting during play again.

I say to spook, harsh on Hameed, he goes within 5 mins.
Comment that Butler and Pope are fighting back, both gone in 15 mins.

Silence is golden going forwards!

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Perfect bouncer by Green to get Pope, right at his right shoulder. He's gonna be a hell of a cricketer.

Ollie Robinson gets under the Aussies' skin by playing a weak waft and going for a duck.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
James Brayshaw annoys me equally as a cricket and football commentator

and Matthew Hayden just said "the glory of decent Pie..." fmd...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bugger it, missed the bloody lot. At work all day n got a text to let me know we'd run the dunny brush through the Poms in a big way. Got home from work n looking forward to catching the last hour's play n hoping to see the Aussies making inroads on the Poms meager total n the weather's *smile* me up completely.
Bugger bugger bugger, stupid weather, stupid Qld, stupid game starting in the middle of a working week, stupid Poms collapsing in a gibbering heap while I wasn't even looking.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Bugger it, missed the bloody lot. At work all day n got a text to let me know we'd run the dunny brush through the Poms in a big way. Got home from work n looking forward to catching the last hour's play n hoping to see the Aussies making inroads on the Poms meager total n the weather's *smile* me up completely.
Bugger bugger bugger, stupid weather, stupid Qld, stupid game starting in the middle of a working week, stupid Poms collapsing in a gibbering heap while I wasn't even looking.
You want to try it starting in the middle of the night!
Started at 1.00 a.m. my time.
Went to bed at 10.00 to try and get a few hours in before. I am a very light sleeper so I never set an alarm when I do this and I normally expect to just doze a bit when I go to bed so early and not really sleep at all.
Out like a light! Woke up at 1.07.
Turned it on to see the score was 1 for not much. Didn't even know at that stage that a wicket had fallen on the first ball.

Warne must have been happy about that.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
great day for the Aussies, but you get the feeling this is the worst batch of poms since Nasser's mob all those years ago.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
And Harris out for 3 (from 17).

I think that's enough from you Marcus, thanks....

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
A lot getting ahead of themselves, media, supporters etc.

Australia need to bat yet and the pitch will keep doing a little bit.

The run line was 370. Way too high.

Leysy launched into England below 275 run line yesterday for easy money. Done the same here.

Expect ball to dominate bat this series, especially early tests with most batsman having limited red ball lead-ups.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeez Botham has aged Looks a doddery old man. He was always such a robust figure.
Saw him at a golf course a few weeks ago - he doesn't walk he hobbles, clearly his knees and/or hips are *smile*. And he's not slim.

< NRL | Boxing >