Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
0-68 then 9/55 to follow it. Embarassing.

Scratch that, now 10/56. Super embarassing. The ECB have a lot to think about.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That Robinson one though was a joke. He scored 725 runs at 36 in the county championship so he's not a genuine 10 or 11, but that was as soft as they come. May as well have just brought out the white flag.

Reactions: 1 user

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
4-0 . Well done fellas. Enjoy today but tomorrow & beyond we need to work on our batting, a relative weakness compared to our bowling & very poor this test, especially the amount of leg side & bowling dismissals...Soft...England...Think they need to 'invent another sport' if they want to be considered elite at anything other than failure, though acknowledge this series may have been different if Archer & a fully fit Stokes were available.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I actually feel really sorry for Joe Root. He's been slagged off (even the commentators have constantly been talking about who replaces him the last 2 tests), yet has scored almost 100 runs more than anyone else in this series, scored more than 500 runs more than anyone else in 2021, and he's also been unlucky this series, either with ballss that stayed low like in Hobart, or he got a few absolute jaffas. I don't remember Root ever giving his wicket away like some of the others.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
That Robinson one though was a joke. He scored 725 runs at 36 in the county championship so he's not a genuine 10 or 11, but that was as soft as they come. May as well have just brought out the white flag.
Also Wood swinging like he's playing 20/20.

Why? There's being aggressive and then there's being reckless. But Robinson just gave up.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I actually feel really sorry for Joe Root. He's been slagged off (even the commentators have constantly been talking about who replaces him the last 2 tests), yet has scored almost 100 runs more than anyone else in this series, scored more than 500 runs more than anyone else in 2021, and he's also been unlucky this series, either with ballss that stayed low like in Hobart, or he got a few absolute jaffas. I don't remember Root ever giving his wicket away like some of the others.
Root was easily their best. He’s not the problem.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Also Wood swinging like he's playing 20/20.

Why? There's being aggressive and then there's being reckless. But Robinson just gave up.

Robinson is one that needs to be sat down by the England hierachy and asked if he actually wants to play for England. I reckon his attitude around his fitness tells everything about him really. If he wants to, he could lead our attack for the next 5 years, but he needs to work his arse off and get really bloody fit (he let the team down in Hobart with that) and adjust his action to get himself consistently into the low 130's. He's currently a nice bowler, but I'm certainly not sold on him long term due to his fitness issues, and that just seems like attitude and that last dismissal shows it all IMO.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Perhaps, but don't forget we missed Hazlewood for the majority as well.

I think Boland coming in with 18 wickets at less than 10 more than mitigated that loss for you. Hazlewood would hardly have been expected to do better than that.