Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
In Shane Edwards farewell speech.
"I'm not gonna look at you......I still hang off you're every word....I was a puzzle of player and I don't know where I'd be if you hasn't come to Richmond"

First Lambert, now Edwards. Can we possibly drop the Hardwick can't coach and needs good Assistants crap. Clearly those on the inside think he can coach, and they'd know first hand.
I wonder if the guys who have joined in the last couple of years feel the same way about Hardwick as our vets who have been together for years do?

Guys like Bolton and Ross, and now Gibcus etc are on a very different journey with DImma than Edwards and Cotch, Dusty etc have had over the last 13 years.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I wonder if the guys who have joined in the last couple of years feel the same way about Hardwick as our vets who have been together for years do?

Guys like Bolton and Ross, and now Gibcus etc are on a very different journey with DImma than Edwards and Cotch, Dusty etc have had over the last 13 years.

I imagine the guys who have been together since the beginning have changed the way they feel about Dimma. Not necessarily from a negative feeling to a positive feeling, but it would have definitely changed. Human relationships are not static.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Dimma is a passionate teacher. A real players’ coach.

This is the fundamental truth about him and it gets lost in all the hoopla.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone hear some Bummer moron call in to SEN this morning saying that if they don't get Clarko it would be good to throw the kitchen sink at Dimma? Ok, that's a typical delusion from any Bummer fan, but to have Moron Mince virtually AGREE that it could happen shows what a true idiot this bloke is in football media.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Anyone hear some Bummer moron call in to SEN this morning saying that if they don't get Clarko it would be good to throw the kitchen sink at Dimma? Ok, that's a typical delusion from any Bummer fan, but to have Moron Mince virtually AGREE that it could happen shows what a true idiot this bloke is in football media.
So Dimma to just get up and give up a team that has the potential of winning more :cupgold to go to the Bummers who are a basket case
Theyve gone mad

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
So Dimma to just get up and give up a team that has the potential of winning more :cupgold to go to the Bummers who are a basket case
Theyve gone mad
The deluded Bummer fans also expect him to come back home with open arms despite them pushing him out at the end of his career. Yep, I'm sure he thinks fondly of the club

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The deluded Bummer fans also expect him to come back home with open arms despite them pushing him out at the end of his career. Yep, I'm sure he thinks fondly of the club
Didn’t Hooch say something a while back about how despite winning a flag at 2 different clubs, he considered Richmond would always be his AFL “home” ? He said something about the longest time, best memories and enjoyment had all been with Richmond.

Neil Balme has DEFINITELY said similar. He flat out said how great it was to be back home to finish his career and that he wanted to be recognised as a Richmond man first and always, no matter what else he may have done at other clubs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Would think the Bombers and Port would have a crack at Dimma. Reckon he would be more chance at Port as they treated him well in his time there unlike the Bummers who shafted him twice.
However reckon him leaving Tiges in next 3 years is unlikely.

Reactions: 3 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I remember his laptop not working at an Essendon coach interview. An act of God. Sliding doors!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Didn’t Hooch say something a while back about how despite winning a flag at 2 different clubs, he considered Richmond would always be his AFL “home” ? He said something about the longest time, best memories and enjoyment had all been with Richmond.

Neil Balme has DEFINITELY said similar. He flat out said how great it was to be back home to finish his career and that he wanted to be recognised as a Richmond man first and always, no matter what else he may have done at other clubs.
No doubt. He was an Essendon player, then he was a Port player, then he was a Hawthorn assistant. But Richmond is Damien Hardwick's football club.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No doubt. He was an Essendon player, then he was a Port player, then he was a Hawthorn assistant. But Richmond is Damien Hardwick's football club.
In fact, I can't recall any well established player at a club who succeeded coaching at another club, and then returned to their original club to coach. Maybe Barassi in 1981 (in a 20-25 year range) which turned out to be a disaster. Rarely happens. Have a look at Simpson and Horse who would be perfect for lolnorf but prefer to stay where they are.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
In fact, I can't recall any well established player at a club who succeeded coaching at another club, and then returned to their original club to coach. Maybe Barassi in 1981 (in a 20-25 year range) which turned out to be a disaster. Rarely happens. Have a look at Simpson and Horse who would be perfect for lolnorf but prefer to stay where they are.
Balme and Parkin ended up at their original clubs, but not as coach.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
For mine our present list relative to the rest of the competition, is better and more promising than it was in 2017.
Dimma is not going to turn his back on 2/3 more premierships.
He has coached is it 3 in the last 10.
Let me do a Brendon Gale and that if he stays until 2026 he will coach 3 more!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I remember his laptop not working at an Essendon coach interview. An act of God. Sliding doors!
What a load of crop shitt.
He missed out on a job because his laptop didn't work.
They deserve another 25 years in shitt creek

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013

Sam Mitchell.... Won a flag as assistant at Weagles

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
IMHO the mark of a great coach is how the team responds to the half time address

We always come out firing after half time, Hardwick has got that ability and it is very special.

On the point of where Dimma feels is his home, its complicated.

I have heard him say this a few times, his home is where he is, at that time.

Dimma at the end is an accountant, and a genuine pro, I am sure he loves Richmond, but if he gets the @rse he isn't gunna retire, especially if he is young enough.

That's just how it is.

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Yep. And how *smile* lucky are we that the opposite happened with Sheedy!

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
H
Yep. And how *smile* lucky are we that the opposite happened with Sheedy!
Listening to SEN years ago, Sheedy was being interviewed, he was asked about Dimma.......did you think he would make/was a good coach, Sheedy was an absolute *smile* about it......bit slow, grunting, laughing. Then the Tigs come out and bring home 3 cups in 4 years. Who's laughing now Sheedy you smug *smile*!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
I have heard him say this a few times, his home is where he is, at that time.

Dimma at the end is an accountant, and a genuine pro, I am sure he loves Richmond, but if he gets the @rse he isn't gunna retire, especially if he is young enough.
The Real Footy podcast were talking recently about a possible coach for the Tassie team if/when it comes in, and Caro suggested that Dimma would be the perfect fit. The timing might be right by then.