Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Stubborn.

Please Dimma, put players where they naturally excel.

Balta back, Bolton guts, MRJ perma ninja

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Great win, but I thought he coached poorly today.

The reluctance to shut down Coleman was astonishing.

Grimes going off forced him to move Balta back, and inject some pressure with MRJ.

Thats when we started rolling . Hopefully someone hides his magnets this week.

And I still think Soldo would have done better against McInerney than an injured Nank.
Balta was back before Grimes went down

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m gonna put my serious hat on here, just for a moment. No hyperbole, no trolling.

Damien Hardwick has many foibles. A certain stubbornness for one, in both tactics and selection.

He hates the media (which may not be a foible to some), is a bit of a hot head and his personal life has marred his professional credibility at times (not to me, just a perception thing).

But Damien Hardwick has my unwavering and undying respect and love for one simple reason. The way he comes alive when he talks about the players in his care. Even in post-match press conferences, where he is clearly counting the seconds till they’re over, literally checking his watch, he is expansive and passionate when a question is raised about the development of a particular player.

To me, even if his message to the players is somewhat familiar these days - inevitable after so long at the helm - it is *abundantly* clear that Dimma has not lost his one consuming passion - overseeing the development of young men. Turning raw clay into successful, hungry AFL footballers.

For that alone, I continue to love and admire our head coach.

Whatever happens in coming months I hope he is happy, healthy and energised.

And I fervently hope he never loses his own, personal 1-wood - a genuine love of teaching.

• Love
Reactions: 31 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I’m gonna put my serious hat on here, just for a moment. No hyperbole, no trolling.

Damien Hardwick has many foibles. A certain stubbornness for one, in both tactics and selection.

He hates the media (which may not be a foible to some), is a bit of a hot head and his personal life has marred his professional credibility at times (not to me, just a perception thing).

But Damien Hardwick has my unwavering and undying respect and love for one simple reason. The way he comes alive when he talks about the players in his care. Even in post-match press conferences, where he is clearly counting the seconds till they’re over, literally checking his watch, he is expansive and passionate when a question is raised about the development of a particular player.

To me, even if his message to the players is somewhat familiar these days - inevitable after so long at the helm - it is *abundantly* clear that Dimma has not lost his one consuming passion - overseeing the development of young men. Turning raw clay into successful, hungry AFL footballers.

And I fervently hope he never loses his own, personal 1-wood - a genuine love of teaching.
All true Carts. Funniest part is the way he 'stooges' the media morons with his comical side (Mrs Hardwick, Mama Hardwick) most times. The way they repeat it on radio or on newspaper/online articles shows they're just pigeon-type scavengers looking for any words to fill and sell.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Great post

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I only heard a snippet but Caro was whingeing about Dimma banning the 2 organisations she works for (The Age and ch9) and how childish it was. She claims this is because he’d received criticism from her (but I’m not sure what criticism she’s referring to)

but I didn’t hear what those 2 were banned from. A presser?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I only heard a snippet but Caro was whingeing about Dimma banning the 2 organisations she works for (The Age and ch9) and how childish it was. She claims this is because he’d received criticism from her (but I’m not sure what criticism she’s referring to)

Banned from leaks

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Caro’s got tickets in herself if she thinks she was the sole reason they were banned.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Congratulations Hardwick
He has taken this basket case football club to the top of the mountain 3 times and in September enters his 8th final series, he has now gone past Tom Hafey of 7 final series.
Super Coach any idea we can do better with someone else, they have rocks in the fken heads

Reactions: 10 users

The Sash

Tiger Cub
May 20, 2014
Congratulations Hardwick
He has taken this basket case football club to the top of the mountain 3 times and in September enters his 8th final series, he has now gone past Tom Hafey of 7 final series.
Super Coach any idea we can do better with someone else, they have rocks in the fken heads
Great presser after the game. Reckon he’s got his flag hat on, no bull:*smile*, we’re coming!

Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Congratulations Hardwick
Still needs the fourth flag to overtake Hafey.Happy for that to happen this year.:)

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
In Shane Edwards farewell speech.
"I'm not gonna look at you......I still hang off you're every word....I was a puzzle of player and I don't know where I'd be if you hasn't come to Richmond"

First Lambert, now Edwards. Can we possibly drop the Hardwick can't coach and needs good Assistants crap. Clearly those on the inside think he can coach, and they'd know first hand.

Reactions: 20 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
"I'm not gonna look at you......I still hang off you're every word....I was a puzzle of player and I don't know where I'd be if you hasn't come to Richmond"

First Lambert, now Edwards. Can we possibly drop the Hardwick can't coach and needs good Assistants crap. Clearly those on the inside think he can coach, and they'd know first hand.
I thought exactly the same TG.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Pffffffft.
What would they know?

• Haha