Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

There didn't seem to be much joy in the playing group last night, having fun playing footy was one of our advantages and I'm not sure it will be easy to get back.
Its been missing all year there hasn't been that bounce that brotherhood has not been as obvious.

Something a bit amiss all year.

The play is disconnected, and to the outsiders eye, the playing group haven't look as loved up or seem as happy or enjoying their footy since the first bounce against the Blues.

The Vibe is not there.

Its been a year of almost s and nearly s and injuries to all the wrong players at the wrong time.

Reactions: 4 users
After the effort against St Kilda, it will be very interesting to see how Dimma goes about getting the team up for the remainder of the season.
It's not over yet, but geez, it's gonna be hard work to have an impact at the pointy end of the season.
Tigers can't afford to dish up performances like they did tonight. Was rubbish from a team that has dominated the competition the past four years.
Seems that the hunger and pride are going to be the biggest things Hardwick needs to concentrate on.
Plus, it might be time to start blooding some of the younger players and getting some game time into them. Need to see how deep this list goes as there could/should be a number of changes to the list over the summer.
The best thing he could do would be include a couple of youngsters in rcd stack maybe Dow miller obvious for Balta and sounds like Rossy has been schooled to play a broady role . Lynch return would be a site for sore eyes and hopefully nank not far away

Reactions: 1 user
Its been missing all year there hasn't been that bounce that brotherhood has not been as obvious.

The play is disconnected, and to the outsiders eye, the playing group haven't look as loved up or seem as happy or enjoying their footy since the first bounce against the Blues.

The Vibe is not there.

Its been a year of almost s and nearly s and injuries to all the wrong players at the wrong time.
Those intangibles can’t offset the output from our prime movers , most who have had injury interrupted campaigns
Lynch
Martin
Prestia
Riewoldt
Nank
Vlastuin
Bolton
Cotchin
Lambert
No new players have stepped up to bridge the gaps that have opened up , the reasons for where we re at a more fundamental than smoke and mirrors . We should be backing as many good young players as we can to at least salvage something from this year

Reactions: 3 users
Those intangibles can’t offset the output from our prime movers , most who have had injury interrupted campaigns
Lynch
Martin
Prestia
Riewoldt
Nank
Vlastuin
Bolton
Cotchin
Lambert
No new players have stepped up to bridge the gaps that have opened up , the reasons for where we re at a more fundamental than smoke and mirrors . We should be backing as many good young players as we can to at least salvage something from this year
Throw in the poor seasons of Short, Houli Rioli George and Grover also.

Reactions: 1 users
Throw in the poor seasons of Short, Houli Rioli George and Grover also.
Yea I only highlighted the prime movers , in general prob only broad and nank were having career best years. Several players entering their twilight , that’s the challenge now when to pull the lever on those players

The Vibe is not there.
is the elephant in the room the demise of Dimmas marriage ?
'Mrs Hardwick' was well liked

Reactions: 3 users
I am not sure if it was intentional but we really seem to have gone back to the 2016 game plan of looking to go backwards a lot. Broady did it a lot last night. It is a really bad brand of football to watch.

The rules have made it harder to defend the Richmond way, we've been going at 70-75 points against and are up to 83 this year. We haven't found a way to claw those points back in attack. The forward mix has lost cohesion, goalkicking seems to be more individual efforts than teamwork. Geelong, Brisbane, Bulldogs, West Coast, Port are all scoring at 5-year highs.

Lynch being injured/playing injured hasn't helped.
Constant run of longer term injuries this year certainly hasn't helped. We seem to be getting them in clusters which destroys the possibility of getting cohesion into the game style or adjusting to a newer style of game.
Lose a bunch of mids through a block of games, start to get them back n lose the ruck n a key forward, then turn around n lose a couple of defenders as well.
Stick in a handful of blokes who's form has been mediocre most of the year and it's a fans worst nightmare.

Because we've been so consistently good the last few years and the Cooties shutdown of footy last year, it's been almost impossible to get some quality miles into our next generation of youngsters. So some haven't quite been ready to fill the injury gaps. Whatever happens for the rest of this year, I'm thinking a bit of a list refresh n game style reset over summer will see us back in contention for a few more years yet. Just gotta pray hard for some mercy from the injury gods.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't understand why we can't afford to keep his assistant coaches around him or replace them poor decision that was I know covid was reason and the fine to , but record members and top 4 for revenue puzzling that decision.
It's called a cap.
There's a salary cap for the players and also a cap for the off field personnel. Due to Cooties the AFL cut the off field cap by about $3mill for clubs so every club has let heaps of people go.

is the elephant in the room the demise of Dimmas marriage ?
'Mrs Hardwick' was well liked
I just listed the interruption that most of our prime movers have had to their 21 campaign, wtf does she have to do with that , Prestia Cotchin nank lynch Bolton lambert vlastuin , then there are others entering the twilight of their careers , and a few with no excuse at all

It's not about what you can afford Daniel, it's about what you are allowed to spend.

The soft cap was cut back to $6.2 million and the costs associated with exceeding it ramped up to make it prohibitive.

Take the senior coach and the CCJ/Stack penalty out and we probably have 5.2 million left. Sounds a lot but that has to cover everyone who has anything to do with football; every coach, administrator, recruiter, medical staff, strength and conditioning, property, VFL and even your equipment.

When you start to do the maths on it, it really doesn't go very far.
I get your point , but even before Covid we loss assistant coaches and never replace them.We need to invest in more coaches maybe to much on Dimmas shoulders.

I am not sure if it was intentional but we really seem to have gone back to the 2016 game plan of looking to go backwards a lot. Broady did it a lot last night. It is a really bad brand of football to watch.
Broady injury is a blessing. Has had a good season but he is too conservative with his disposal. Markov would be very handy right now

Are you asking if Dimma shagged us out of a 3 peat Artsy :)) ??
It's clear that Mrs Hardwick provided a certain level of emotional support that Mistress Hardwick can't provide. In saying that, perhaps Mistress Hardwick provides better support in other areas :p

• Haha
In a roundabout way there probably is a bit of a link to it.

Divorces and child support are expensive and as I understand it Hardwick hasn't taken a pay cut this year as other highly paid coaches have, which would have left more money to help bolster the off-field personnel.

Instead he extended for the same salary for three more years which is a pay cut of sorts but when you take into account the cut to the soft cap remaining steady is a pretty good result.

There's a big contrast to Chris Scott not taking wages last year to help keep an extra assistant on the books.
Hardwick has won 3 out of the last 4 Premierships.
There’s your contrast

Reactions: 5 users
Yep and that's another factor. When your plate is full the motivation to hunt is lessened.

I would think that Hardwick is a competitive beast. Look how he was as a player. He would be the type to still fume over our prelim failure in 2018 rather than bask in the glory of the 3 flags.