Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

2001 was ok ,beating Carlton in finals was a lot of fun .

A close second to beating Essendon in 95 imo
Think i was overseas in 2001. Maybe on a boat?
Cant remember but do recall the prelim when we were out of juice

The north qualifying in 95 we got pumped, but then to turn it on the next week was tremendous.
The following week singing Tigerland as we left, beaten by cats and Ablett but still proud

Reactions: 3 users
That would have to be the most dignified and professional exit of a RFC coach.

First class by all involved.

Our club has come a long way.
It was outstanding.

Very proud of Hooch and the club.

We know how to do it. What a club we’ve become.

Reactions: 10 users
He can coach The Tarps or Suns.
but if ends up at Princes Park I’ll
spew season 2 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Reactions: 1 user
My son on the other hand had seen 3 premierships by the age of 15. Lucky bastard. :)
I had seen 5 tiger grand finals and 4 premierships before I left high school. We old buggers were blessed during that time .
Those flags are precious memories but 2017 was something else all together. I never thought I would see it again and I did.
Dimma was a big part of that

Reactions: 9 users
I had seen 5 tiger grand finals and 4 premierships before I left high school. We old buggers were blessed during that time .
Those flags are precious memories but 2017 was something else all together. I never thought I would see it again and I did.
Same here.

Reactions: 1 users
5 premierships by the age of 19 and i wondered whether I'd ever see another, thanks Dimma for making it 8

Reactions: 2 users
1995. Final against Essendon /Scotty Turner

Sydney boundary line Richo goes down.

The ups and downs...

Last edited:
Nice to think that he may want to come back to Richmond but why would he, even if we threw cash at him? He is already on the way at Collingwood that is a club comparable to ours in tradition, size etc. No way is he leaving there in the short term. He is already on the way to creating his own mark.

We will need to find our own man elsewhere but I’m afraid finding another McCrae is nigh on impossible. I think he had a lot to do with our success with in development, coaching the magoos and as an assistant.

We let him the man with the pixie dust slip through our fingers.
Eh, he’s great, but he’s also got a list handed to him that was ready to go. There’s a huge tendency to equate the quality of the list to the quality of the coach.
Remember when Carracella left, and many here were doom and gloom that he was the magical architect of our success? It made bugger all difference when he left. There’s a lot that has to go right to win premierships in a heavily regulated 18 team competition and we’re about to pay our dues over the next few years. No coach is going to magically get us back in the premiership window immediately. Focus on culture and player development, ideally with a young coach who can grow with the list.

Reactions: 5 users
We need to remember that Fly left Hawthorn not us to join Collingwood.

He had already left us and not for a senior coaching position. Any thought he’d leave Collingwood to come to us is wishful thinking in the extreme

Reactions: 4 users
Full credit to Dimma and Benny G.
I remember meeting Benny at a members' day at the club, think it was in 2016.
He was really friendly, was really interested in my conversation, spent ages talking.
I always felt, was dogmatic in fact, that Dimma would deliver success at Tigerland.

Reactions: 1 users