Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

what would dimma be thinking when he lays his head on the pillow tonight?

for all the eulogising,

we are a game out of an elimination final against Sydney and a semi against Geelong, on the G.

potentially with a best 22, minus Noah and Bachar.

would he honestly be thinking

'our 3 peat starts this week'. or

'we're done'

???

Very true eZy, all is not lost.

Whilst we are still a chance to play finals that should be the goal.

A lot can happen in 6 weeks.

Demons are struggling, Dogs can be got.

Cats, Port and Lions, if you get them away from their own dung heap, can be taken too.

Reactions: 5 users
I read Sam Mitchell has pulled out of the Pies job, wonder if he might be a chance to be one of the new assistants to Dimma ?

Reactions: 1 users

for all the eulogising,

we are a game out of an elimination final against Sydney and a semi against Geelong, on the G.

'we're done'

???

Good post. All it will take to start our run is that first win.

Dimma's lost his joy. He's miserable deep down, shacked up with a new (will only be temporary) squeeze, knowing he's dudded his wife and kids, plus compromised the playing group who adored his wife. She now can't be at the club (awkward) and connection and trust is lost. All the media in last 4 yrs was about the intangible connection we have as a club, that couldn't be replicated elsewhere. Well no wonder this connection has been lost. Was always gonna happen this year IMO.
The next triple H session should be dimma apologising to the group for wrecking culture

Much of this speculation is superfluous.

I think it's as simple as our problems start & stop in the midfield.
Soldo out injured. Nankervis missing for much of the season too with injury.
Prestia has had hamstring problems since preseason.
Cotchin continuous hamstring issues as well. Looks done.
Lambert & Edwards also struggling with interrupted campaigns.
Bolton remains uncontracted so players may start questioning his future.
Youngsters barely a handful of games between them.
Our engine room is a total mess.

Reactions: 15 users

for all the eulogising,

'we're done'

???
i just want to see the positivity back in our play, that's where it starts

for all the eulogising,

'we're done'

???
WTF , can it get any harder ?

Dimma's lost his joy. He's miserable deep down, shacked up with a new (will only be temporary) squeeze, knowing he's dudded his wife and kids, plus compromised the playing group who adored his wife. She now can't be at the club (awkward) and connection and trust is lost. All the media in last 4 yrs was about the intangible connection we have as a club, that couldn't be replicated elsewhere. Well no wonder this connection has been lost. Was always gonna happen this year IMO.
The next triple H session should be dimma apologising to the group for wrecking culture
FFS, are you for real

I will tell you something, Dimma & Alex were at the VFL on Saturday standing in a group including Jack R, Nank, Dion, Broady, Soldo, Shorty, Livo, Jack G and a few others

Didn't look like the culture was wrecked from where I stood

I will add that in all the times I have seen Dimma @ the VFL, I never saw Danielle with him - make of that what you will

Reactions: 10 users

Yep. It’s pretty obvious when you take a step back and look at it

Reactions: 4 users
FFS, are you for real

I will tell you something, Dimma & Alex were at the VFL on Saturday standing in a group including Jack R, Nank, Dion, Broady, Soldo, Shorty, Livo, Jack G and a few others

Didn't look like the culture was wrecked from where I stood

I will add that in all the times I have seen Dimma @ the VFL, I never saw Danielle with him - make of that what you will
Jeepers, you never liked Mrs Hardwick did you.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
As much as I would love to blame all our issues on Dimmas love life i dont think its the case. Id blame Dimmas separation from his assistants as a major reason we have had a drop then Mrs Hardwick.

Good post

But how to fix the midfield and thus clearances half a step from the finals???

Going to be a big job plus a lot of luck with no injuries from here on.

Reactions: 1 user
Good post

Yep, just doesn't look to be an answer with injuries to key mids, struggles for form and greatly reduced impact, newbies tried but not making much impact at all; only glimpses. Hard to find an answer.
Even CCJ who looked quite a winner now injured and really struggled recent games. Dimma looks out of ideas; players look zapped.

We need to learn to work off the opposition ruckman till Nank returns. I'd try and tag each mid at the centre bounce rather than trying to gain the first kick. We just can't win a clearance but we could at least stop the opposition from getting a clear break away and try and scrap it forward. This till we gain some confidence and get some mids back. Miller literally played on his own in the centre square all game against GC and did as he pleased. Need to stop the opposition from clear breaks.

As much as I would love to blame all our issues on Dimmas love life i dont think its the case. Id blame Dimmas separation from his assistants as a major reason we have had a drop then Mrs Hardwick.
100%

Dimma kept saying the Suns played well. My view is when comparing the low standard of play by the Tigers to the Suns, it wasn't that hard to look the better team even with their shortcomings
He always says that. But both the Suns and the Saints were made to look adequate by our shitness.

Good post

We're struggling no doubt. It's massive challenge.

Chol is a makeshift ruckman. Improving but clearly a part timer. Can't see a plan B til Nank is fit enough to return. Soldo, Nank, Balta, CJ all down or limited anyway. Astbury & Miller won't be any better than Chol. Colina not ready. Chol is the best we've got.

Pickett is spending a lot of time in there already. He's making errors but probably knackered he's being asked to do plenty.

Bolton was a revelation in the middle before his season was derailed by the broken wrist incident. Hopefully he gets more time in there along with RCD.

Cotchin hopefully builds confidence & match fitness in his legs. Dusty too needs to shake off whatever is hampering his impact.

I actually thought Aarts showed a bit earlier in the season when he went on the ball but again it's a second rate patch up job.
Martyn, Stack & Dow are all going to get opportunities through there even if not ready yet.

Our midfield is just going. No wonder it's getting smacked. The coach can't work miracles.

Reactions: 4 users

Solid burn right there!