Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I found the suns crowd infuriatingly un-obnoxious.

magnanimous even?

I wanted to hate them and tell them all to get *smile*.

but with the exception of a couple of 20yo's who just stared at their phone to see matt Rowell's disposal count go up and loudly and relentlessly pestered their mates if they should cash out the $35,

I found the Suns crowd did all the right things.

The Metricon (now People First - now thats a sponsored stadium name I can get behind) crowd, The People First crowd, seemed almost knowledgable and gracious???

The large cultural gap between The Gabba and People First widened substantially over summer.

I can't explain it.

maybe Dimma is the Messiah?

who else could bring magnanimity to Surfer's Paradise?
If he’s the Messiah, can he fix their transport problems?
Getting from the game to civilisation was a joke.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Narre Warren of the North.

Carrara wasteland.

where the Nerang river spills it banks

where poor people gather to trade mother-in-laws tongue in plastic pots and ab-circle pros

from blue plastic tarpaulins

where clutches of children overflow driveways with cars with F*&K cancer across the back windows

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
If he’s the Messiah, can he fix their transport problems?
Getting from the game to civilisation was a joke.
Fair point
The Blue Car Park is usually sold out even before tickets go on release
And the buses work fine if your team is getting beat and you leave at the 20 min mark of last quarter
Uber are a shamble

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’m planning on joining them too but not the Goldie though. Victoria for me is no longer the place to be.

if your thinking of heading north,

I'd try Turning your heater onto 38 degrees and soak your couch and curtains and wardrobe with a mist sprayer.

then get three of those home mushroom kits you get from bunnings and chuck one each in your

wardrobe, couch and curtains.

and if you enjoy that atmosphere for 4 straight months, yeah, sell and head up asap.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I work fifo a lot in ql dover the years so I’m no stranger to conditions. I enjoy heat can’t stand the cold.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My mate who lives in Brisbane and has so most of his life, reckons this Summer has been utterly brutal for humidity. So much for our heat training - fat lot of good that did yesterday. Based on yesterday, send em to Antarctica next year !

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
My mate who lives in Brisbane and has so most of his life, reckons this Summer has been utterly brutal for humidity. So much for our heat training - fat lot of good that did yesterday. Based on yesterday, send em to Antarctica next year !
yep she's been hot and humid. Been pretty Cairns-like.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
yep she's been hot and humid. Been pretty Cairns-like.
I travel there for work a bit. Love going from April to October; hate it from November to March. Was up there for a few days about this time last year; watched the first game against Carlton in a CBD pub. The humidity was brutal. It was that bad even the QLDers were whinging about it.

They can have that to themselves. Can't believe people complain about Melbourne winters. It rarely gets below 14 degrees during the day. Try living in a northern hemisphere winter. My wife's stepsister lives in St. Paul Minnesota. Winter is -20 degrees and 12 feet of snow! Now that's cold!

All relative I guess but I'd rather deal with a Melbourne winter than a Brisbane summer.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I travel there for work a bit. Love going from April to October; hate it from November to March. Was up there for a few days about this time last year; watched the first game against Carlton in a CBD pub. The humidity was brutal. It was that bad even the QLDers were whinging about it.

They can have that to themselves. Can't believe people complain about Melbourne winters. It rarely gets below 14 degrees during the day. Try living in a northern hemisphere winter. My wife's stepsister lives in St. Paul Minnesota. Winter is -20 degrees and 12 feet of snow! Now that's cold!

All relative I guess but I'd rather deal with a Melbourne winter than a Brisbane summer.
The Queenslanders whinge about the heat every year, every hot day. It never ends. I always say 'its bloody Brisbane summer, what do you expect?' I can handle the heat fine. Extreme heatwaves excepted of course, but even then I can still manage.

Yes April to September is why we live here. 25 degrees and sunny.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Queenslanders whinge about the heat every year, every hot day. It never ends. I always say 'its bloody Brisbane summer, what do you expect?' I can handle the heat fine. Extreme heatwaves excepted of course, but even then I can still manage.

Yes April to September is why we live here. 25 degrees and sunny.
Obviously I don't live there like you but I've never heard them whinge about until those few days in March last year. They're always crowing about how great it is. Then in summer it pisses down nearly every day and races are either abandoned or run on a heavy 10.