Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Titans have been going nigh on 20 years anow in the NRL and they've had no success either.

The culture aint there and most chose to spend their time off doing other things.
Yep, Gold Coast's atmosphere is too laid back.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
DrinYep, Gold Coast's atmosphere is too laid back.
Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Titans have been going nigh on 20 years anow in the NRL and they've had no success either.

The culture aint there and most chose to spend their time off doing other things.

Yep, the AFL will have to accept what the NRL has, that their teams on the Gold Coast are a sideshow. The only thing they provide is a footy fix for expat Victorians and NSW climate chasers when their team is in town.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, the AFL will have to accept what the NRL has, that their teams on the Gold Coast are a sideshow. The only thing they provide is a footy fix for expat Victorians and NSW climate chasers when their team is in town.
There were some pretty passionate Suns fans there yesterday.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
About 8000 of us.

I didn't. I only boo blokes who deliberately knock out Richmond players.

I'll always love and respect dimma.

hes just earning a living.

I naturally felt a bit jilted, but ive forgiven him.

horror game of footy yesterday,

but it pains me to say, it felt like GC had turned a bit of a corner atmosphere wise (crowd not the bells and whistles)

was an impressive sea of kids kicking the footy on the adjacent training oval at HT, and a real carnival atmosphere.

I had a frozen margarita that was the beverage equivalent of a Dagwood dog.

it looked and tasted like nuclear waste,

but was quite delicious.

and when they start getting the little 1%'rs right

It suddenly dawned on me, in the manner of finding an anomalous used condom in your bed,

that Jed Walter and Ethan Read could have premiership medals by 2026-27

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I didn't. I only boo blokes who deliberately knock out Richmond players.

I'll always love and respect dimma.

hes just earning a living.

I naturally felt a bit jilted, but ive forgiven him.

horror game of footy yesterday,

but it pains me to say, it felt like GC had turned a bit of a corner atmosphere wise (crowd not the bells and whistles)

was an impressive sea of kids kicking the footy on the adjacent training oval at HT, and a real carnival atmosphere.

I had a frozen margarita that was the beverage equivalent of a Dagwood dog.

it looked and tasted like nuclear waste,

but was quite delicious.
I did it in a pantomime way. And because we were getting flogged and I needed to vent.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I did it in a pantomime way. And because we were getting flogged and I needed to vent.

I found the suns crowd infuriatingly un-obnoxious.

magnanimous even?

I wanted to hate them and tell them all to get *smile*.

but with the exception of a couple of 20yo's who just stared at their phone to see matt Rowell's disposal count go up and loudly and relentlessly pestered their mates if they should cash out the $35,

I found the Suns crowd did all the right things.

The Metricon (now People First - now thats a sponsored stadium name I can get behind) crowd, The People First crowd, seemed almost knowledgable and gracious???

The large cultural gap between The Gabba and People First widened substantially over summer.

I can't explain it.

maybe Dimma is the Messiah?

who else could bring magnanimity to Surfer's Paradise?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

but with the exception of a couple of 20yo's who just stared at their phone to see matt Rowell's disposal count go up and loudly and relentlessly pestered their mates if they should cash out the $35,

The Metricon (now People First - now thats a sponsored stadium name I can get behind) crowd, The People First crowd, seemed almost knowledgable and gracious???

The large cultural gap between The Gabba and People First widened substantially over summer.

I can't explain it.

You left when they were 10 goals up. When we fought back a few got rowdy. In a support their team type way. So I think we agree.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

I can't explain it.

Maybe an influx of Victorians moving from Danistan to the Goldy? :unsure:

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
its a more likely explanation than Dimma returning to earth for judgement day
I don’t give a flying f#%+*k about Hardwick and haven’t since the 2021 season.

Stripped of his excellent assistants and the inevitable retirements of premiership players, he was quickly exposed for what he is.

The voice of other people’s ideas and a media front man. Worse, he has become an AFL marketing tool and will receive all the help possible to get GC into the finals.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I don’t give a flying f#%+*k about Hardwick and haven’t since the 2021 season.

Stripped of his excellent assistants and the inevitable retirements of premiership players, he was quickly exposed for what he is.

The voice of other people’s ideas and a media front man. Worse, he has become an AFL marketing tool and will receive all the help possible to get GC into the finals.

thats a fair enough perspective that I worked through TD.

me? I could well gasp for him with my penultimate breath

im gonna let my hatred for GCS go. Its not doing anyone any good.

also self-protective. They could win a flag soon, and I dont want to blow a heart valve.

My Geelong hatred on the other hand, is making the world a vastly better place to live

when Giants play Suns in a GF, they really should take it to Vegas and *smile* those NRL *smile* right up.

cast platinum and zircon rings for the winner

Last edited:
  • Haha