Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
So Clarko moving off would make Dimma the most successful coach in the AFL today.

I assume that means he gets the right to tell the AFL what rules interpretations to change midseason.
Just needs to have coffee with Gil.

Reactions: 1 user

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Didnt know where to put this, but with the posting about ball movement, and kicking efficiency, it is worth noting who our best kicks are, and how many games they have missed:

Richmond

Most kicks: Jayden Short (345)
Best short kick: Shane Edwards (+13.9%)
Best long kick: Kane Lambert (+12.5%)
Best kick under pressure: Nathan Broad (+30.6%)
Best kick for goal: Jack Graham (+24.4%)
Best overall kicking efficiency: Nick Vlastuin (+10%)

The eye test says Dustin Martin is one of the competition's best kicks, but he doesn't top any category at the Tigers in 2021. Another real surprise. Broad is the AFL's best kick under pressure while Graham sits in the top five for kicks at goal.
Trouble is the three assistant coaches that were instrumental in developing the game plan that won us our Premierships aren't there any more.

This year is ample proof that their replacements are not up to scratch.

We need to bring in quality replacements and soft cap be dammed.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah we have the hardest part of the puzzle - an experienced, inspiring and hardened leader of men.

Dimma is forever minted as premiership coach. His words therefore carry the ultimate authority - how can a cocky rookie possibly think they know better?

This is priceless. Invaluable moving forward. Getting a young coach (Teague, Longmuir) or even an experienced hand (Ratten, Fagan) means little if the guy hasn’t got any cups under the belt. Cos when the chips are down, players will doubt.

This is the mountain any coach must climb. Most fail.

We have a ‘made’ man. An astronomically valuable asset.

Provided Dimma has strong tactical support, I’d be all in on him becoming a mainstay, Bellamy style.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah we have the hardest part of the puzzle - an experienced, inspiring and hardened leader of men.

Dimma is forever minted as premiership coach. His words therefore carry the ultimate authority - how can a cocky rookie possibly think they know better?

This is priceless. Invaluable moving forward. Getting a young coach (Teague, Longmuir) or even an experienced hand (Ratten, Fagan) means little if the guy hasn’t got any cups under the belt. Cos when the chips are down, players will doubt.

This is the mountain any coach must climb. Most fail.

We have a ‘made’ man. An astronomically valuable asset.

Provided Dimma has strong tactical support, I’d be all in on him becoming a mainstay, Bellamy style.
Next season will show the answer.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Trouble is the three assistant coaches that were instrumental in developing the game plan that won us our Premierships aren't there any more.

This year is ample proof that their replacements are not up to scratch.

We need to bring in quality replacements and soft cap be dammed.
we only 1 had 1 last year and won the flag. the bombers have 2 of them but are still ordinary.
if you havent got the players on the field, it doesnt matter who is in the coaches box.

but yes we should aim for the best assistant coaches regardless of the cost. may as well pay the afl "tax", as give them "re-distribution".

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Apr 11, 2011
Eeep, he’s starting to talk about ‘mathematically possible’ to make the finals.
Dimma, the year is done. No one will think less of you if we down tools for the year and finish as low as possible, get a nice pick and then reload for a tilt next year.
The last thing I want is to win a few meaningless games at the end of the year by trying to push through with veterans who are clearly cooked and finish (heaven forbid) ninth.

Dimma, please let the year go. It's done, we're done.

Play Cumberland, RCD, Martyn and drop Aarts, Castagna etc. Get games into the kids.

Prepare for next year.

Reactions: 7 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Smart guy, Dimma.

Talking about finals whilst privately salivating over pick 6.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
But he’s right though. We can still make it as long as there are so many pathetically inept teams around us.

T-Shirt Tommy

Apr 11, 2011
But he’s right though. We can still make it as long as there are so many pathetically inept teams around us.
This years 7th and 8th placed teams will be the worst in history.

Freo have a percentage of 90 FFS.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Have no doubt he’ll come up with a different game style over the summer , 6 out of 7 loses is time to have a look at what’s not working , just a few tweaks here and there and September 2022 beckons , the year of the Richiemond :))

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We would just end up having to go to play the Kochies or Bears or Swans away only to get brained.

I'd rather we just left it to the others and re load for next year.

I want our players and coaches to feel the sting of failure, as that will be what spurs them like the 2018 catastrophe bought us 2019 and 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In Cumberland RCD, CCJ, Dow, Martyn Moju and Miller for a game or two before the years done.

Last edited:

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Must stop being pigheaded and embrace the importance of clearances & stoppages, contested footy, ability to play tight man on man at times, sticking tackles one on one and bold ways of moving the ball from point kick ins. It’s no longer solely a turnover game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They are simply not up to it. The myth of our depth has been exposed time and time again.
No harm in finding out once and for all.

Important post season coming up this year a very important one.

It will go a long way to deciding how the club goes forward as a final's contender or stagnates and declines.

Reactions: 1 users