Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes Ezy our forward line system has been a debacle this year. That doesn't entirely fall to the forward line coach.

I guess blind spots are always there, but when youre winning they dont matter.

Jake played the saddlebag lead role in the 2020 Q final.

Dimma has the keys to Tigerland. His stubborness created a dynasty.

i guess im just marvelling at this statistical representation of his stubborness.

a small forward who kicks a goal every 4 weeks, and doesnt provide much else?

and who was a bush battler from the outset. Its not like its loyalty to a declining champ.

Jake is not very important to the way we play, and no george hasnt been for 20 weeks now either.

get some games into MRJ. I'll bet my farm he gives us an 800% lift in the one man goal output

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I guess blind spots are always there, but when youre winning they dont matter.

Jake played the saddlebag lead role in the 2020 Q final.

Dimma has the keys to Tigerland. His stubborness created a dynasty.

i guess im just marvelling at this statistical representation of his stubborness.

a small forward who kicks a goal every 4 weeks, and doesnt provide much else?

and who was a bush battler from the outset. Its not like its loyalty to a declining champ.

Jake is not very important to the way we play, and no george hasnt been for 20 weeks now either.

get some games into MRJ. I'll bet my farm he gives us an 800% lift in the one man goal output
Agree.

Let’s see MRJ. Let’s see him.

Unfortunately Constanza & Performing need time in VFL. Enough.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's obvious the players are still playing for Dimma. He is being loyal to a few players, which is understandable, but frustrating.

If we do miss the finals, looking very likely, Dimma like the players will benefit from the break.

I'll back him in to get the right assistants and make the tweaks that are required.

Losing Rob Innes has been a big loss, the Swans only had 2 players unavailable against the Bombers. Rehab and Conditioning needs to be a big focus.

Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Coaching terrible at the moment
Clearance and stoppage work is a disgrace as present
As has been the case for most of the year . Got smashed yesterday ! Irrelevant of what the scoreboard says , we had little control of the game . The inability to score is a huge concern as well . Can’t keep ball inside F50 as well . The ability to “ shrink “ the ground has been seen once in 8 weeks ( against Brisbane )
The rest has been rubbish ! Cant blame the players , or the property manager. Dimma is coaching poor .

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Just had a thought. Probably silly but.....
Did Dimma put the cue in the rack before the bye?

He knew we were fatigued, has lost his assistants, injury ravaged, short preseason, playing poorly and never likely to progress beyond a single final this year.
Well, he has the side playing a dreadful style, unlikely to win a game, he keeps selecting players unlikely to kick a winning score, he keeps playing some out of position and not playing some where they would be useful, he had Nank and Lambo on the bench last few minutes v Dockets...two players who could win us the game, we have beaten no one for a very long time bar Lions who were depleted and it was Jacks 300th..in this game suddenly we looked good and Jack kicked 6 with ease.
We are not looking interested, have no game plan, no run, can't stick tackles, can't kick for peanuts and are playing so poorly it beggars belief that we were premiers not so long ago.

Could Dimma have decided early to let this season go and give the team a lazy few months, then time off and start next year with a healthy and refreshed side?
Just wondering.....

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I just think we’ve been tactically exposed all year.

But system-based sides cannot change mid run.

We roll out tactics on a campaign scale, meaning we can’t rectify this until the off-season.

Worryingly, we have several players that are already redundant. KMac, George, Aarts.

These guys are now list cloggers of the worst kind.

Thankfully Dan Rioli has been re-purposed, but he has more strings to his bow.

You can see in our forward connection that the system is broken. We can’t score.

Someone mentioned Tim Livingstone. He is the key now. He’s stood up to Dimma before and is not just a yes man. Dimma can’t be running his own fiefdom with the current assistants. He needs to be prodded, challenged.

New ideas are needed. The latest in football trends.

We played a different style in 2013 and 2015 for 15 win seasons.

With the talent, draft/trade currency and experience at our disposal, we can do it again.

Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
something I really don't get.

Dimma is smart. very smart. hes coached 75% of the premierships in the last 4 years.

and for the last 2 months (1:7), he's wondered out loud, pretty much every week, at our poor i50 conversion rate.

and yet Jake Aarts has kicked 2 goals in 2 months.

hes gone at one goal, every 4th game, for 8 weeks.

surely we have blokes that could exceed that KPI?

You don't have to do a course at Harvard to see that,

do you?
Look, I am pretty smart, but i really cant figure out how we arent kicking 20 goals each week when you see our forward line at centre bounces.
Jack, Lynch, Graham, Aarts, Castagna, Chol.
That should put fear into any opposition.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Look, I am pretty smart, but i really cant figure out how we arent kicking 20 goals each week when you see our forward line at centre bounces.
Jack, Lynch, Graham, Aarts, Castagna, Chol.
That should put fear into any opposition.

Yeah, there isn’t any mobile skill in there.

Cumberland and MRJ would shake things up a bit.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Then you watch a guy like Papley play for the swans yesterday, and you wonder why our small forwards are lucky to kick one goal in 4 weeks, something is 100% not right in the forward line.
Is it just me, or does our foward line seem so flooded with every entry, hence the bombing long because there is no other option, which makes it easier to get out because the oppo have so many players streaming out of the back line.
No winning the center bounce clearances put us on the back-foot from the get-go, the flood is back alive hence the low scores i believe

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Then you watch a guy like Papley play for the swans yesterday, and you wonder why our small forwards are lucky to kick one goal in 4 weeks, something is 100% not right in the forward line.
Is it just me, or does our foward line seem so flooded with every entry, hence the bombing long because there is no other option, which makes it easier to get out because the oppo have so many players streaming out of the back line.
No winning the center bounce clearances put us on the back-foot from the get-go, the flood is back alive hence the low scores i believe

We struggle to turn it over, we can’t score when we do. System is inadequate, more so with every week.

Footy has changed. We need to inject more skill if we want to play finals in 2022

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Is it too early to discuss succession plans?

What's Blake doing next year?

:blowingup

• Haha

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
As Dimma said in his presser yesterday, we just don’t get easy goals any more. So frustrating to watch.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We struggle to turn it over, we can’t score when we do. System is inadequate, more so with every week.

Footy has changed. We need to inject more skill if we want to play finals in 2022
Our forward half turn over game is dead. Its a dying trend actually. And with this we are no longer creating the loose player forward of centre.

Todays football is only about kick and marking. Chaos football died when SHocking was made King of Football.

Reactions: 9 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dimma has helped us win 3 GFs but has completely f'd this season up. Needs a long break and a decision on whether he still has the desire to reset and go again.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Our forward half turn over game is dead. Its a dying trend actually. And with this we are no longer creating the loose player forward of centre.

Todays football is only about kick and marking. Chaos football died when SHocking was made King of Football.

If you deconstruct and translate Dimmas press conference last night,

he pretty much said

'we are completely rooted and footy is *smile*'

I think Dees will deservedly win the flag. They've put together a great list, they've adapted to the changes whilst maintaining a traditional finals brand, and they've sustained a season.

hope so.

get *smile* Shocking

Reactions: 5 users