Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
What a condescending wanker post. Champ.
Suggesting you watch the replay you condescending flog !! Stop being so biased . Missed at least 6 tackles when opponents stepped through him
Facts are he was very very average on Friday Night . But hey don’t let the facts get in the way now hey . He had many mates also .
Might further add we may be 11th currently on the ladder but we are 18th in most other keys areas . Disgraceful season !

Last edited:

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Yep. And didn't GWS just school us on scores from turnovers as well? So ... WE GOT NUTHIN!

It's just amazing how we won 3/4 flags, only to drop off so far as this. Highly disappointing for The Tiger Army. Especially in the context of Covid depression. I'm sure that fantastic achievement was really as uplifting for all of us as it was for me. We could track this success through the Covid fog and get some joy out of life still. But we couldn't actually attend the 2021 matches and be present for all that glory.

So this year we all hoped/expected it to be getting back to normal, and we'd be able to return to the G en masse as before and celebrate our mighty 'dimmasty' team in person, to follow one more throw at a flag ... a 3peat flag!

So despite all the huge joy for our achievements, harsh as it is to say it, 2021 has been a bucket of *smile* to swallow. The club needs a serious regroup for '22.
Thanks for that.
If I didn’t already feel *smile* enough, I do now

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
number 1 for clangers is a massive red flag. many of those clangers were F50 entries.

we simply aren't as skilled by foot as some of the other contenders.

the worry is the game has gone past our previously successful formula, but Dimma will double down anyway.

praying 2022 isn't a slow-motion train wreck like 2016 was. sometimes Dimma can't see the wood for the trees.

massive test of the club's accountability and feedback structures this off-season. Tim Livingstone and Neil Balme, over to you.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
number 1 for clangers is a massive red flag. many of those clangers were F50 entries.

the worry is the game has gone past our previously successful formula, but Dimma will double down anyway.

praying 2022 isn't a slow-motion train wreck like 2016 was. sometimes Dimma can't see the wood for the trees.

massive test of the club's accountability and feedback structures this off-season. Tim Livingstone and Neil Balme, over to you.
We've never been a skillful kicking team, and are possibly the least skilled in the comp. We didn't rely on kicking precision to win the 3 flags.

We need to continue with our game plan and improve on certain areas, especially contested ball. Also think our strength and conditioning was poor this season (perhaps due to the loss of Rob Inness) as we looked tired and lethargic all year. In previous years we stormed home after the bye and ran over teams. - this year we looked shot. We need to ask some serious questions here.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Clangers are more symptomatic of poor decision making rather than poor skill execution. Our decision making has been woeful this year but not helped by the dysfunctional forward line. Riewoldt, Lunch, Cantstandya, Farts et al have all had the worst year of their careers. Riewoldt cost us our season by being out marked by Barrass one on one 4 times in the last qtr of the West Coast game.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Fact....... I don't have any but so many others are wrongly using the word, I thought I would join in.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Fact....... I don't have any but so many others are wrongly using the word, I thought I would join in.
As we know, there are known facts; there are facts we know we know. We also know there are known facts; that is to say we know there are some facts we do not know. But there are also unknown facts—the facts we don't know we don't know.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Here’s the number one question coaches will be asking behind the scenes - will the stand rule be abolished and when will it be confirmed either way?

Considering it impacts ball movement and defensive structures so profoundly, a professional comp would have the rules bedded down before the trade window.

Surely.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Seems like a few posters in this thread have clearly been biding their time for 4 years waiting on Hardwick to screw up and prove then correct.

He’s been coach for 10+ years and had just as many assistants come and go in that time. Yet somehow, they are collectively more responsible for our success than the one constant during that whole time? Give me a break.

It took reduction in football department spending, crippling long injury list and some very targeted rule changes to bring down what Hardwick built. He could never coach another winning team again and still have good claim to a statue outside Punt Rd.

Reactions: 23 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Here’s the number one question coaches will be asking behind the scenes - will the stand rule be abolished and when will it be confirmed either way?

Considering it impacts ball movement and defensive structures so profoundly, a professional comp would have the rules bedded down before the trade window.

Surely.
Haha. Considering it was introduced 5 minutes before the opening bounce in Round 1, I wouldnt hold my breath.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Suggesting you watch the replay you condescending flog !! Stop being so biased . Missed at least 6 tackles when opponents stepped through him
Facts are he was very very average on Friday Night . But hey don’t let the facts get in the way now hey . He had many mates also .
Might further add we may be 11th currently on the ladder but we are 18th in most other keys areas . Disgraceful season !

Didn't even mention Stack and agree he had a poor game. Bahaha!

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Think you're confusing it with the medical sub Smoking. The stand rule was announced late last year and used in all the pre-season games.
Yep, I distinctly remember the "staaand" pissing me off 5 minutes into the first pre season game. Get rid of it.

Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Seems like a few posters in this thread have clearly been biding their time for 4 years waiting on Hardwick to screw up and prove then correct.

He’s been coach for 10+ years and had just as many assistants come and go in that time. Yet somehow, they are collectively more responsible for our success than the one constant during that whole time? Give me a break.

It took reduction in football department spending, crippling long injury list and some very targeted rule changes to bring down what Hardwick built. He could never coach another winning team again and still have good claim to a statue outside Punt Rd.

Yeah there’ll always be a couple who just don’t like Hardwick.

Me, I think a gold statue would be well deserved from where he took us in 2010. Gargantuan effort and he is easily one of the best man managers the game has seen.

That is everything you can ask for in a head coach.

But Mr Damien Hardwick is as stubborn as a mule.

He needs to be challenged on matters of football tactics and selection, just like any head coach in the comp.

2020 is done. We have missed finals since then.

Happy to laud Hardwick till the cows come home for what he has achieved, but as long as he’s in that chair and being paid by the club he is fair game in terms of current output.

2022 beckons and we need him sharp and ahead of the game - both in terms of his outlook and the calibre of coaching staff he has around him.

It’s a brutal industry and that’s the reality. The last thing Hardwick would want is club and fans alike wallowing in past glories.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Well he got us numbers 11, 12 & 13 now it's time for a reset & 14, 15 & 16. Than he can retire :))

• Love
  • Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We've never been a skillful kicking team, and are possibly the least skilled in the comp. We didn't rely on kicking precision to win the 3 flags.
Yep we have been high up for clangers in our flag years, as well as low in possession stats. We simply haven’t been able to play the forward half pressure/turnover game. Repeat i50”s was our game style. We haven’t been able to create the same pressure on the oppo. Part personnel but a big part rule change.