Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Yep we have been high up for clangers in our flag years, as well as low in possession stats. We simply haven’t been able to play the forward half pressure/turnover game. Repeat i50”s was our game style. We haven’t been able to create the same pressure on the oppo. Part personnel but a big part rule change.
I agree to a extent, but this year has been alot worse our skills and kicking.That has to change now the way the game is going.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Seems like a few posters in this thread have clearly been biding their time for 4 years waiting on Hardwick to screw up and prove then correct.

He’s been coach for 10+ years and had just as many assistants come and go in that time. Yet somehow, they are collectively more responsible for our success than the one constant during that whole time? Give me a break.

It took reduction in football department spending, crippling long injury list and some very targeted rule changes to bring down what Hardwick built. He could never coach another winning team again and still have good claim to a statue outside P
Seems like a few posters in this thread have clearly been biding their time for 4 years waiting on Hardwick to screw up and prove then correct.

He’s been coach for 10+ years and had just as many assistants come and go in that time. Yet somehow, they are collectively more responsible for our success than the one constant during that whole time? Give me a break.

It took reduction in football department spending, crippling long injury list and some very targeted rule changes to bring down what Hardwick built. He could never coach another winning team again and still have good claim to a statue outside Punt Rd.
Funny how none of these assist coaches with exception of Caracalla had actually achieved anything until they arrived at Richmond yet some nuffies attribute everything to them ,

Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Here’s the number one question coaches will be asking behind the scenes - will the stand rule be abolished and when will it be confirmed either way?

Considering it impacts ball movement and defensive structures so profoundly, a professional comp would have the rules bedded down before the trade window.

Surely.
The fact we had so little time to adapt to these changes set us back , because we were so defensively minded relative to others the change was much greater for us than those sides that already favoured uncontested brand of footy

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for that.
If I didn’t already feel *smile* enough, I do now
Any part you dispute? You have to face harsh criticism before you can start to change and improve. Anyway, there's not much to feel good about from this Tigers' season.
I was simply stating how most of us can't help feeling a let-down, even if we aren't probably entitled to ... but Covid is wrecking a lot of freedom and joy.

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yep we have been high up for clangers in our flag years, as well as low in possession stats. We simply haven’t been able to play the forward half pressure/turnover game. Repeat i50”s was our game style. We haven’t been able to create the same pressure on the oppo. Part personnel but a big part rule change.

There are clangers with support around the pill (thus winning it back) and there are clangers that directly result in oppo chains and inside 50s against. Unfortunately we had more of the latter this year.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Like most of us , love Dimma , and think he’s probaly deserves to be talked about a bit closer to Clarko then he actually is, media need to remember that Dimma took over that basket case club the RFC not that haven’t made a mistake club in 50 years the Hawks.

Anyway theres no doubt Dimma ( like most of us) didn’t like the changes to the game , however fact is there not changing back so Dimma has to tweak the way we play ( I’m sure he will) , I think we need to emphasise more on ball winning at clearences, definitely more class forward of centre and definitely a much better system in how we enter forward 50. there not easy to find , however I reckon an Eddie Betts would kick 60 goals a season in our forward line . Not hard to understand why Dimma loves Aarts and Georgie , however I really think we’ve got to go past that type, I think MJ will ad the ground level pressure anyway , however I’m far from convinced he makes it anyway , though Bolton I believe is a much better mid, he may be the best option forward. Anyhoo thats only a small part of what we need to do over the pre season.

In Dimma we trust

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Personally, I loved Clarko’s middle finger to the delusional zero COVID brigade and Dimma’s subtle nodding in acknowledgement. Get vaccinated so we can get the *smile* outta this crappy reality.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Personally, I loved Clarko’s middle finger to the delusional zero COVID brigade and Dimma’s subtle nodding in acknowledgement. Get vaccinated so we can get the *smile* outta this crappy reality.

Is there a big zero Covid brigade out there? I think the biggest challenge is if we are willing to let it rip with 0-11 year olds unvaccinated.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes... Zero Covid in Victoria is probably unattainable now but at least we can slow it down so it doesn't screw the health system until enough of us are vaxxed.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The biggest hurdle is the facebook generation.
They dont tune into real news and are "educated" on vaccine efficacy by fear mongering fluckwits.

• Angry