Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
What a load of rubbish , if you think the output from our midfield Prestia Cotch lambert shedda relative to the premiers was due to the coach you’re in fairy land , and did I mention the 4 premiership defenders that missed huge chunk of the year
Tbh I wish it was that easy , Father Time has caught up with most , injuries more prevalent , longer to recuperate and form curve is in general decline , but oh no you hang onto the coaches new relationship being the cause

I dont dispute that we had alot of injuries and if you read what i wrote without getting defensive or angry then i think to dismiss what i wrote isnt being realistic. Your entitled to your opinion as i am, i dont/wont accuse you of being in fairyland or state your opinion is rubbish just because i disagree...

As others have said, Mrs. Hardwick was a part of the club with real relationships with players, Cotch often spoke about as others did with reverence of the man Dimma was. We know alot of The Richmond man from reading those books, integrity is a foundation of that. Yes private life is private but as others have said Dimma brought his family into the club and built the Richmond man concept, what he did doesnt embody a Richmond man, or that could easily be the perception. If you think the players didnt care, that's fine, i think alot of them did and probably questioned what he was selling. I think the players like everyone will get over it and it takes good communication to ensure no long lasting effects, stuffing up is part of being human and communication is equally important to move forward.

I like Dimma a lot and don't think it was the main reason for a poor season, as you said we had so many injuries to many of our starting 22, but i also believe what happened whilst none of our business this also would have effected the group, as would have the many very good assistance that have left. To think it didn't effect the club and group isn't being realistic IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Champion
Jun 26, 2018
Blakes, Tullamairne is a lot less travel for him & he needed badly the extra $$
I was told by a reliable source that Blake was, at the time of accepting their offer, one of the highest paid assistants in the league and we couldn’t/wouldn’t match his offer.
Disappointing thing is that Richardson would have had inside information of his pay structure due to his position at Richmond before we demoted him to General Manager of Football at Essendon.
I believe Blake seperate with his wife well before COVID and it’s bubbles

And lastly a stat for the nerds.
Blake Caracella the only AFL player to play along side or coach 8 Brownlow Medalists in their career.

Last edited:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I was told by a reliable source that Blake was, at the time of accepting their offer, one of the highest paid assistants in the league and we couldn’t/wouldn’t match his offer.
Disappointing thing is that Richardson would have had inside information of his pay structure due to his position at Richmond before we demoted him to General Manager of Football at Essendon.
I believe Blake seperate with his wife well before COVID and it’s bubbles

And lastly a stat for the nerds.
Blake Caracella the only AFL player to play along side or coach 8 Brownlow Medalists in their career.
Absolutely correct, we were told by ??? @ Club 80 November 2019 function the reasons behind him leaving RFC

frangalis4eva

Tiger Superstar
Apr 11, 2009
im starting to wonder whether Dimma rubs people up the wrong way. as great as he's been, and im not saying we should get rid of him, but is there a chink in the armour starting to expose itself. Assistant coaches leaving in droves, ex players coaching elsewhere. It's a watch this space for me.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
im starting to wonder whether Dimma rubs people up the wrong way. as great as he's been, and im not saying we should get rid of him, but is there a chink in the armour starting to expose itself. Assistant coaches leaving in droves, ex players coaching elsewhere. It's a watch this space for me.
When's the best time to leave? When your stock is at it's highest.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

This is called being successful. Look at all the ex-Hawthorn people (including our own coach) who departed having worked under Clarkson.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s all part of the often cyclical nature of sport. You chop and change and find the right ingredients then it gets dismantled. I think if you look at most clubs at most off season there’s movement on the coaching panels.