Daniel Jackson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
Was that Daniel Jackson sitting alongside Peggy O’Neil and Brendan Gale on Saturday afternoon? Wonder if he is being earmarked for a future administration role? Future CEO?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It was Dan 'JDM' Jackson with Gale and O'Neill at the GF.
Don't know if Jackson is being groomed for an admin role at the Club ... all I know is that RFC really reached out to lots of recent ex-players as a gesture to join in and be part of the feel good experience this year had created. Gale has made mention, as did Neil Balme on radio today, that many of the recent ex-players "thought they must have been rubbish" given that the Club never really succeeded over the journey. It's only in their absence that the Tigers have found a way forward is how many started to believe was the case in relation to their footy careers. RFC has done a tremendous job this year in mending fences and re-building relationships with its broad football family.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I had a long chat with DJ at the Atrium after the GF. I can't remember much of the discussion but I do recall him saying something about admin at Richmond/AFL. He's currently running an elite fitness company in London. He's obviously a very bright boy. I only wish I hadn't had 37 beers earlier!

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
It would be a shame if he didn't come back to the club in an administration role down the track. The AFL could use more people of Dan's calibre in clubland.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Was that Butch Gale sitting with Brendon and Peg?

yes it was. I remember he came to my work for a plumbing job before the 2016 season and we had a long chat about Richmond. He was incredibly optimistic about the future and thought the club was about to achieve great things. after the disastrous 2016 I thought he was a clueless Muppet who was a club puppet because of his brother's links. I guess he was right and I was wrong :hihi

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

That was the trigger for my tears on the day, seeing Benny, Butch and Mum, Peggy and Dan all with tears in there eyes rammed home that club means just as much to them as it does me

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Tiger Ghost said:
That was the trigger for my tears on the day, seeing Benny, Butch and Mum, Peggy and Dan all with tears in there eyes rammed home that club means just as much to them as it does me

Michael is a hell of a nice fella!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Ian4 said:
yes it was. I remember he came to my work for a plumbing job before the 2016 season and we had a long chat about Richmond. He was incredibly optimistic about the future and thought the club was about to achieve great things. after the disastrous 2016 I thought he was a clueless Muppet who was a club puppet because of his brother's links. I guess he was right and I was wrong :hihi

edited

kb68

Tiger Rookie
Jul 23, 2003
Hobart
Bullarto Tiger said:
... all I know is that RFC really reached out to lots of recent ex-players as a gesture to join in and be part of the feel good experience this year had created.

I saw Nick Daffy having a kick with his son outside PRO on the Sunday.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Butch now looks older obviously...but also looks funny without the long hair.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Dan Jackson is an extremely intelligent man and i have no doubt that unless he is running his own business or is appointed to a extremely important position he will become a top administrator in the AFL if not the top job - Very very smart man

Im hoping post brendon gale its daniel Jackson might even become a succession plan thats already place where Brendon is the next AFL CEO and Daniel takes over from Brendon Gale