RFC Staff Raid continues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Staff Raid continues

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The downside of a Premiership is all of a sudden you are the most beautiful girl in town and suitors come knocking:

1) Dan Richardson - Head of Football at Essendon
2) Cain Liddle - CEO of Carlton
3) Nick Austin - (who has been recruiting scout for Richmond for 6 years), now head of recruiting at Bulldogs.

Not only are they pinching them they are promoting them because they come from such a great Premiership Club.

Sorry to say next year it will be Blake Caracella who will get a senior gig for sure I reckon

Maybe we should get a restraining order!

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
caesar said:
3) Nick Austin - (who has been recruiting scout for Richmond for 6 years), now head of recruiting at Bulldogs.

Have we ever had a recruiter poached from us before?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Will that notion help us poor supporters at work?
Love to get a promotion only because I barrack for RFC

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Who is our Mark neeld that we can palm off to the Pies when Buckley is sacked?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Isn't that "Bernie"?
Premiership Bernie, thank you very much TBH. Eddie can go find his farking own premiership coach when he finalises his divorce from Figgy, we're not finished winning flags with our Bernie just yet.

E

easy_tiger

I knew we should have hired those pub coup buffoons back in 2016.

we could have credited them with the flag, and then poached them off

effectively as lead in our oppositions saddle bags.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I know Nick Austin, very sharp footy brain and will be missed, definitely a loss for the club. Son of Rod 'curly' Austin.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
caesar said:
The downside of a Premiership is all of a sudden you are the most beautiful girl in town and suitors come knocking:

1) Dan Richardson - Head of Football at Essendon
2) Cain Liddle - CEO of Carlton

Not only are they pinching them they are promoting them because they come from such a great Premiership Club.

Sorry to say next year it will be Blake Caracella who will get a senior gig for sure I reckon

Maybe we should get a restraining order!

IMHO, losing Blake would be a big loss. Though I don't know for sure, I do suspect he is one of the leading lights behind our success last year.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
graystar1 said:
IMHO, losing Blake would be a big loss. Though I don't know for sure, I do suspect he is one of the leading lights behind our success last year.

Got big wraps from Lambert in helping his game and teaching him stuff he didn't know like off ball positioning for mids.

We got lucky going from having no idea about offence and ball movement in 2016 to being switched on in 2017.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
*smile*...I thought we were found out drugging around when I saw this thread title.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hawthorn lost a fair few staff during their period of domination. It didn't seem to impeded them.

Losing one of the coaches would be worrying but hopefully the Director of Cuddles has made sure the coaches feel as cuddled as the players.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm not so sure about Blake Caracella winning (or even wanting) a senior coaching gig.

Everything you hear about him strategically is positive, no doubt. And the players seem to go out of their way to praise his influence.

But in front of the camera he seems to lack something as a communicator. Not sure he thrives in the spotlight.

All up, he doesn't scream "leader" to me.

Could it be he is simply a gun backroom boy and that he's happy enough with that?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Number8 said:
I'm not so sure about Blake Caracella winning (or even wanting) a senior coaching gig.

Everything you hear about him strategically is positive, no doubt. And the players seem to go out of their way to praise his influence.

But in front of the camera he seems to lack something as a communicator. Not sure he thrives in the spotlight.

All up, he doesn't scream "leader" to me.

Could it be he is simply a gun backroom boy and that he's happy enough with that?

He has stated that he wants to be a Senior coach and didn't he get an audience late for the Gold Coast job?