Daniel Jackson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Tiger Ghost said:
That was the trigger for my tears on the day, seeing Benny, Butch and Mum, Peggy and Dan all with tears in there eyes rammed home that club means just as much to them as it does me

Does anyone know who the other blonde woman was on the left that Benny hugged later on (our left, Benny's right)?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
23.21.159 said:
Does anyone know who the other blonde woman was on the left that Benny hugged later on (our left, Benny's right)?
I heard from somewhere? on the ch 7 broadcast? that she is a former employee for many years in the RFC admin. Probably invited to come back and be part of the tiger revival.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
sausage_meat69 said:
I had a long chat with DJ at the Atrium after the GF. I can't remember much of the discussion but I do recall him saying something about admin at Richmond/AFL. He's currently running an elite fitness company in London. He's obviously a very bright boy. I only wish I hadn't had 37 beers earlier!
He actually looked quite emotional himself. I guess he gave a lot for the club.

There were a number of recent ex players at the game I understand

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bullarto Tiger said:
Reckon he'd get a spot in the 22, 7?
He's still only 31. KMac upgrade?

TigerForce said:
Butch now looks older obviously...but also looks funny without the long hair.
He could be Rory Sloane's sea captain old man.

tigermike said:
I heard from somewhere? on the ch 7 broadcast? that she is a former employee for many years in the RFC admin. Probably invited to come back and be part of the tiger revival.
Jude Donnelly. Used to be our media manager or similar, now works at the AFL.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Reckon he has aspirations to run the club or even the AFL one day.

Without doubt. Reckon Gale is his mentor and has helped define a career path for him.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
spook said:
I think on the fox footy show he actually mentioned he mistook her for his wife for a second or so. I’m sure she would have got a hug either way though.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Probably just doing some of his apprenticeship, filling a few roles n learning the ropes until such time as Benny decides to take over at H.Q.
Kinda like the idea of maybe Benny cleaning out AFL house n Jacko keeping Tiger land nice n tidy after Benny.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Love how we have destroyed them now they have employed one of our own to rebuild the shitpile.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good experience for Dan, rounding out his education so he'll be right to go when Benny leaves to fix the AFL.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Good experience for Dan, rounding out his education so he'll be right to go when Benny leaves to fix the AFL.

Clearly been given a challenge. Turn that rabble of a leadership group into a force and there will be a job for you at Punt Rd

• Angry

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Clearly been given a challenge. Turn that rabble of a leadership group into a force and there will be a job for you at Punt Rd

I reckon this is a no lose opportunity for Jacko.

Adelaide’s problems are so deep that anything Dan does to get them on the right track will see him heralded by the Adelaide press as a messiah. And if it doesn’t yield any results, then the blame will go back to that debacle of a 2018 preaseason leadership camp.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I reckon this is a no lose opportunity for Jacko.

Adelaide’s problems are so deep that anything Dan does to get them on the right track will see him heralded by the Adelaide press as a messiah. And if it doesn’t yield any results, then the blame will go back to that debacle of a 2018 preaseason leadership camp.
Agree. No shortage of resources at the Crows and he will make some great networks through their coterie.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Did he take a copy of the Richmond theme song CD with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Educated guess based on his use of the footy TM.
Bit harsh on the bloke BTR, won a JD medal at his best n was as honest a player as they get, we had plenty of genuine butchers while he was playing n most didn't cop the grief Jacko copped.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good to see Jacko's still a whipping boy. 1st and RunnerUp in the JD Medal. Gave his all for the club when we were really *smile*.

I liken him to Edwards. Jacko, like Edwards, would be putting the ball where his teammates should be, or be running too. That's how smart the two of them are. Unfortunately the game plan was so convoluted under Wallet that people couldn't remember what they were meant to be doing, except Jacko. So while he looked like he kept screwing up, in fact he was being hampered by his less intelligent mates.

The man deserves to be in our Hall of Fame
brisJackson_gallery__288x400.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users