DANIEL RIOLI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANIEL RIOLI

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Need to be realistic, Hopper had a breakout year & I doubt GWS will bite. Setterfield is coming back from injury, he's another who would be unlikely to move immediately after rehabilitation. Brodie on the other hand seems to be well out of favour & has had his development stalled by the shambolic leadership at GC. His price would just about be at rock bottom. For my money he's exactly what we need - a tall contested midfielder. Some good signs late in the season, 27 touches against Sydney & Carlton, 24 against the Roos & 23 against the Dees. As to price? First rounder no probs.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Need to be realistic, Hopper had a breakout year & I doubt GWS will bite. Setterfield is coming back from injury, he's another who would be unlikely to move immediately after rehabilitation. Brodie on the other hand seems to be well out of favour & has had his development stalled by the shambolic leadership at GC. His price would just about be at rock bottom. For my money he's exactly what we need - a tall contested midfielder. Some good signs late in the season, 27 touches against Sydney & Carlton, 24 against the Roos & 23 against the Dees. As to price? First rounder no probs.
Wouldn't be against trading what could effectively be a 2nd rounder ;)

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Jonesracing82 said:
Wouldn't be against trading what could effectively be a 2nd rounder ;)

Our pick will be in the twenties so it makes perfect sense, I suspect Brodie has been played in the NEAFL due to sounding out offers from rival clubs. Not sure if we're involved but it wouldn't surprise me.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Our pick will be in the twenties so it makes perfect sense, I suspect Brodie has been played in the NEAFL due to sounding out offers from rival clubs. Not sure if we're involved but it wouldn't surprise me.
Was it him that played in our VFL team in his Draft yr?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Jonesracing82 said:
Was it him that played in our VFL team in his Draft yr?

He played for the AIS against VFL opponents, he also starred in those games. Possibly you are thinking of Oliver.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
FWIW Brodie was a keen Tigers supporter.

Yep, he even wore his Richmond socks when training at the Academy, was definitely trying to send out some signals when we had pick 6.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Happy to trade a fringe player + #18 for Brodie

Hopper i would trade 2018 1st rounder + 2019 1st rounder with 2018 2nd coming back from GWS

Setterfield - 2018 1st rounder

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
toothless said:
Why didn’t Brodie get a game?

I really have no idea, he had a good preseason but didn't get selected round 1. Gold Coast should know better, having prime talent in the NEAFL only retards their development. Would not surprise to see him playing in different colours next year.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
mad_tiggy911 said:
Isn't Brodie too slow?

He didn't test at the combine but speed isn't really essential for the inside role he plays. The biggest knock so far has been his kicking, his DE is 59% which needs to improve but given 50% of his touches are contested this isn't irredeemable.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
bullus_hit said:
He didn't test at the combine but speed isn't really essential for the inside role he plays. The biggest knock so far has been his kicking, his DE is 59% which needs to improve but given 50% of his touches are contested this isn't irredeemable.

Jack Graham Had similar knocks on his kicking and he is actually pretty spot on with his kicking

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TigerPort said:
Jack Graham Had similar knocks on his kicking and he is actually pretty spot on with his kicking
Beautiful set shot for goal ;D. Probably like all mids who spend their time in heavy traffic, he'd scrub a few when under the pump.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
bullus_hit said:
I really have no idea, he had a good preseason but didn't get selected round 1. Gold Coast should know better, having prime talent in the NEAFL only retards their development. Would not surprise to see him playing in different colours next year.
Not a two way runner? What’s his tank like?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
toothless said:
Not a two way runner? What’s his tank like?

Good tank, his work ethic is sound. I honestly believe he wants out, there can be no other explanation.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Yeah it can be the only plausible reason as to why he was denied games. Must’ve made his intentions known early on during the season or possibly pre season and the consequences followed.

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
turk-d-tiger said:
Happy to trade a fringe player + #18 for Brodie

Hopper i would trade 2018 1st rounder + 2019 1st rounder with 2018 2nd coming back from GWS

Setterfield - 2018 1st rounder

Watched Hopper v dees, didn’t see anything appealing. Maybe just a bad day, is he really worth 2 first rounders?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tommygun said:
Watched Hopper v dees, didn’t see anything appealing. Maybe just a bad day, is he really worth 2 first rounders?

2 x 1st rounders really need to be looked at for what they are worth
2018 - #21-#25
2019 - #16-#20

But i would be wanting a 2nd rounder coming back

187cm 88kgs 21 year old big inside midfielder
21 touches a game with 50% being contested

We all believe that Trent Cotchin has had a good year this year, Well Hopper's numbers are identicle to trent cotchin this year and the kid is just 21 years old, I see him becoming a similar player to Josh Kennedy in 2 years time and will be a 25+ poss player on a weekly basis as an inside beast allowing Prestia,Cotchin,Martin,Edwards,Graham more outside time and will improve our clearances

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=25&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=4169&pid2=2302&fid1=S&fid2=S

2018 Cotchin v Hopper