DANIEL RIOLI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANIEL RIOLI

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
turk-d-tiger said:
2 x 1st rounders really need to be looked at for what they are worth
2018 - #21-#25
2019 - #16-#20

But i would be wanting a 2nd rounder coming back

187cm 88kgs 21 year old big inside midfielder
21 touches a game with 50% being contested

We all believe that Trent Cotchin has had a good year this year, Well Hopper's numbers are identicle to trent cotchin this year and the kid is just 21 years old, I see him becoming a similar player to Josh Kennedy in 2 years time and will be a 25+ poss player on a weekly basis as an inside beast allowing Prestia,Cotchin,Martin,Edwards,Graham more outside time and will improve our clearances

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=25&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=4169&pid2=2302&fid1=S&fid2=S

2018 Cotchin v Hopper
Would do it in a heart beat. With the bidding system now it's never going to be a a top 20 pick.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
turk-d-tiger said:
2 x 1st rounders really need to be looked at for what they are worth
2018 - #21-#25
2019 - #16-#20

But i would be wanting a 2nd rounder coming back

187cm 88kgs 21 year old big inside midfielder
21 touches a game with 50% being contested

We all believe that Trent Cotchin has had a good year this year, Well Hopper's numbers are identicle to trent cotchin this year and the kid is just 21 years old, I see him becoming a similar player to Josh Kennedy in 2 years time and will be a 25+ poss player on a weekly basis as an inside beast allowing Prestia,Cotchin,Martin,Edwards,Graham more outside time and will improve our clearances

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=25&playerStatus2=A&tid2=15&type=A&pid1=4169&pid2=2302&fid1=S&fid2=S

2018 Cotchin v Hopper

I agree with everything you've said Turk but makes one question the value of Cripps at 195cm!!! Superbeast??

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Dont Argue said:
I agree with everything you've said Turk but makes one question the value of Cripps at 193cm!!! Superbeast??

Personally for the position they play Cripps/Hopper i dont see the extra 8cm as an advantage and i think its too tall for a mid (cripps is 195cm)
That is way too big for an inside mid even though cripps is a gun just think that in time he will have issue's and cant see him playing until 32/33

For a perfect size big inside mid i like them at 186-190 and 88-90kgs
I really like jacob Hopper and has 10 years in him

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
turk-d-tiger said:
Personally for the position they play Cripps/Hopper i dont see the extra 8cm as an advantage and i think its too tall for a mid (cripps is 195cm)
That is way too big for an inside mid even though cripps is a gun just think that in time he will have issue's and cant see him playing until 32/33

For a perfect size big inside mid i like them at 186-190 and 88-90kgs
I really like jacob Hopper and has 10 years in him

My best mate coaches the Sydney Swans Academy and coached against Hopper many times because he was in the GWS Academy. He agrees with you 100%.
Re Cripps. A lot of combative inside mids don't play when they get to 32/33. Body's get banged up. Cripps is not being protected and has to do most of the heavy lifting on his own, which will work against him in the durability stakes but I'd take him in a heartbeat myself