David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yep, it's just delusional to expect a very young Balta who has really just secured his place in the side as a KPD to stop the likes of Dixon, Kennedy or Hawkins especially with the way these teams' mids can deliver the ball. Just not going to happen.
Dave is crucial to our hopes.

I know what you’re saying.

but if our midfield is pressuring their mids then he has half a chance of doing the job required

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I know what you’re saying.

but if our midfield is pressuring their mids then he has half a chance of doing the job required
Sure but will have to do a much better job than against Poort! Injuries, I know, but at least Cotch is back.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Does DTLD come straight back in ? Yes I’d imagine so , however how does the back half change with DTLD back in And Balta now the man who gets the main key forward ?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Think it works a lot like when Rance was in the side. Balta and Astbury take the two talls and grimes the most dangerous medium small.
Rance basically played as the last man in defence , then Grimes took over that , not picking up a particular player, Balta and Astbury have both gone to players , however I think your right that they’ll get the talls, I’d imagine Grimes will continue to play deepest defender

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Rance basically played as the last man in defence , then Grimes took over that , not picking up a particular player, Balta and Astbury have both gone to players , however I think your right that they’ll get the talls, I’d imagine Grimes will continue to play deepest defender
Maybe Nick the intercepting player. Plays that role well...

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Maybe Nick the intercepting player. Plays that role well...
If it’s against the Crows I’d imagine he’d get Tex , in saying that it’s not just the match ups that DTLD takes , he offers more then that as a major part of the back 6, 7

Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
It’s why I still think we are the team to beat. Our backline is the best in the league and teams will do well to kick a winning score against it. The coaches will have some selection dilemmas.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Need him in our side completes our back 6.Sometimes rusty when comes back so need to ease him into it.

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’m declaring it too risky... remember the underdone sub par DTLD in “that” prelim