Dean Gore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dean Gore

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Richmond has shown some interest in this kid from SA.

Dean is a well-built midfielder 183cm 86kg who has been playing with and against AFL listed players this year for Sturt.

Good pace and run and carry and has kicked a few goals this year. Decent long kick of the footy.

Good balanced inside/outside game due to his body size and speed. Though he is more of an inside player, his outside game makes him quite versatile due to his pace and run.

Good mark for his size.

One knock on him is that he can dispose of the ball a little too quickly when extracting, when he could just take that little bit extra time to dispose a bit better after his hardball gets.

Kicking generally good otherwise and good vision.

Draft range - anywhere from pick 35 onwards but likely to be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Due to him playing footy in the SANFL this year he is ready to go.

Looks pretty good on the highlight real. Plays a bit like P.Dangerfield. I reckon pick 35 is underrating where he will go, more like 15-20 IMO.

Giardiasis said:
Looks pretty good on the highlight real. Plays a bit like P.Dangerfield. I reckon pick 35 is underrating where he will go, more like 15-20 IMO.

The other knock on him is he isn't seen as having as high a ceiling of potential than some of the other inside mids available this year.

A bit of what-you-see-is-what-you-get is what some recruiters think of him which has affected his projected draft range.

Agree his highlight reel looks good, something we could definitely use.

Gore looks interesting - strong midfielder, young too.

https://twitter.com/championdata/status/484563666671394816

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=191606009&client=1-3289-35007-246953-18513784

http://www.sturtfc.com.au/players/n46en-dean-gore

Another Conca 'from the cloud' first rounder? Mind you he does look good on the highlights.

St Kevin said:
Another Conca 'from the cloud' first rounder? Mind you he does look good on the highlights.

Won't be picked up in the first round.

Ahern with our first pick and Gore with the second would be a good outcome. I think they could make a strong combination for years to come as their games compliment each other.

Dean is impressing so far at the combine.

Standing Vertical Jump (CM)

1 Baynham, Marvin - 88
2 Garlett, Jarrod - 76
2 Drummond, Nathan - 76
4 Petracca, Christian - 74
5 Cockatoo, Nakia - 73
5 Rose, James - 73
7 Gore, Dean - 72
7 Coughlan, Nicholas - 72
7 Bruinsma, Evan - 72
7 McKenzie, Reece - 72
7 Read, Tom - 72

South Australian player results for the 20m sprint...

Oleg Markov (North) 186cm - 2.87 seconds
Dean Gore (Sturt) 183cm - 2.94 seconds
Jake Johansen (Port) 171cm - 2.95 seconds
James Rose (Sturt) 186cm - 2.97 seconds
Billy Stretch (Glenelg) 181cm - 2.99 seconds
Caleb Daniel (South) 168cm - 3.00 seconds
Sam Durdin (West) 197cm - 3.01 seconds
Tom Read (Sturt) 201cm - 3.02 seconds
Keenan Ramsey (Port) 192cm - 3.02 seconds
Cory Gregson (Glenelg) 175cm - 3.02 seconds
Declan Hamilton (Port) 183cm - 3.06 seconds
Brett Eddy (South) 194cm - 3.10 seconds
Alex Neal-Bullen (Glenelg) 182cm - 3.12 seconds
Josh Glenn (Central) 179cm - 3.13 seconds

Overall, Gore sits just outside the top 10 in the 20 sec sprint with his time of 2.94:

Marvin Baynham 2.81secs
Oleg Markov 2.87
Jarrod Pickett 2.87
Reece McKenzie 2.87
Connor Menadue 2.88
Nakia Cockatoo 2.90
Ed Langdon 2.92
Paddy Brophy 2.93
Conor McKenna 2.93
Nathan Drummond 2.93

Has pace and can jump which is good for his size.

Great time from Gore, I'd move him into the same bracket as Blakely, Bampton & Miller now, looks like we'll have some great options by our second pick.

I thought Marvin Baynham sound like a very American name. Glad to see I was right.

bullus_hit said:
Great time from Gore, I'd move him into the same bracket as Blakely, Bampton & Miller now, looks like we'll have some great options by our second pick.

You are right.

Another pick in the 2nd round (or even the 3rd for that matter) would be very handy.

According to Dan Richardson, we will be taking 4-5 kids (with some of those picks targeting inside midfielders) in the draft plus rookies on top of that.

If we end up taking 5, there is a fair chance our last live pick (not including Miles' upgrade pick) will be after other teams passing on some of theirs which could be quite advantageous to us.

Back on Gore, he looks a good package all round and would not hesitate to take him with our 2nd pick if he lasts that far as his stocks have risen.

Damn...

Gore's other combine results :

Kicking test : Equal 4th
Goalkicking Test : Perfect 30/30 score finishing equal 1st with one other. Next best score was 25/30.

Stocks definitely raised.

May not be around for our 2nd pick after all.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Damn...

Gore's other combine results :

Kicking test : Equal 4th
Goalkicking Test : Perfect 30/30 score finishing equal 1st with one other. Next best score was 25/30.

Stocks definitely raised.

May not be around for our 2nd pick after all.

Think you might be right, but there's plenty of other excellent options floating around.

He measured in at 182.4cm and 86.3kg
Sprints 5mtrs 1.05, 10mtrs 1.77, 20mtrs 2.99 all around the top 80 to 85%
Agility 8.50 68%, Beep 13 / 13
Repeat Sprints 25.01 64%

He won't have done his chances any harm. I previously mentioned him as in the top 20 and I can't see him sliding too far.

Gus said:
He measured in at 182.4cm and 86.3kg
Sprints 5mtrs 1.05, 10mtrs 1.77, 20mtrs 2.99 all around the top 80 to 85%
Agility 8.50 68%, Beep 13 / 13
Repeat Sprints 25.01 64%

He won't have done his chances any harm. I previously mentioned him as in the top 20 and I can't see him sliding too far.

All very impressive numbers, combine that with the kicking test results and he presents as a very enticing package.

bullus_hit said:
All very impressive numbers, combine that with the kicking test results and he presents as a very enticing package.

Crows would be very pleased with him if Dangerfield leaves this year or next.

Similar sort but not as Dangerous as the great man.