Dean Gore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dean Gore

mrposhman said:
If Gore and Cockatoo were available at that pick, who would you take?

Cockatoo would be my preference, I would then look at getting an inside mid with pick 32 (there should be a couple of sliders).

Gus said:
He measured in at 182.4cm and 86.3kg
Sprints 5mtrs 1.05, 10mtrs 1.77, 20mtrs 2.99 all around the top 80 to 85%
Agility 8.50 68%, Beep 13 / 13
Repeat Sprints 25.01 64%

He won't have done his chances any harm. I previously mentioned him as in the top 20 and I can't see him sliding too far.

Where can we get these information from for other players

turk-d-tiger said:
Where can we get these information from for other players

I can't really post it but if you have a couple of players you want information on I'll see what I can do

Bampton didn't really test
De Goey - Top 40% with the jumping tests, mid range with the 3 sprints, Agility test below average, Beep 14/1 and good repeat spring times in the top 25%. With him it's more about how good he can become
Duggan - Bottom 20% for the 3 sprints and bottom 10% for the agility test. Mid range or better for the beep test and the repeat sprints. Very good with his kicking
He isn't going to beat people on athleticism although his vertical leaps were in the top 25%. He is a bit rare to a lot of them in that his running vertical jumps are good off either leg.
He is also a great tackler.

Gus said:
Bampton didn't really test

Has previously run a 15 beep test I believe, not so sure about his speed though. Unsure where he'll land, probably 30-60.

bullus_hit said:
Has previously run a 15 beep test I believe, not so sure about his speed though. Unsure where he'll land, probably 30-60.

The database I have has him running a 15/3 Beep in March this year. He didn't test at the combine though. His sprint work back then wasn't good.

Dean Gore stats

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=191606009&client=1-3289-35007-206668-14553316&ocompID=153014

Only going on vision but Gore to me looks better than De Goey and Duggan.

tigerdave said:
Only going on vision but Gore to me looks better than De Goey and Duggan.

Looks good and happy to spend second rounder on him but I think Duggan has higher ceiling. Blakely is good and Lim looks dashing too. Bit of a mystery this draft.

GEDS1 said:
Looks good and happy to spend second rounder on him but I think Duggan has higher ceiling. Blakely is good and Lim looks dashing too. Bit of a mystery this draft.

Will be interesting!

SkillzThatKillz said:
Won't get past Adelaide's pick #35 IMO...if he lasts that long.

Won't get past Richmond IMO, he represents the perfect selection at 33.

bullus_hit said:
Won't get past Richmond IMO, he represents the perfect selection at 33.
I do agree, But its a very good draft and never know who might slip to #33

Wouldnt suprise me if a highly touted kid like maybe Ellis/Langford/Marchbank/Lamb is still on the board at #33

Wouldn't be good to have such a problem at 33. It appears that it would be hard not to get a good player at 12. Our recruiters really need to do their work so that we select well at 33. Select well and we could have 2 players who are in our best 22. Add this to Lenon, McBean and McDonna and we have a handfull of young players who can help us improve next year

SkillzThatKillz said:
Richmond has shown some interest in this kid from SA.

Callum Twomey on the AFL draft chat has Gore going around pick 45 onwards and believes Richmond have shown interest.

Still think we will have to pick him at #33 otherwise the Crows will pick him up with their next pick.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Callum Twomey on the AFL draft chat has Gore going around pick 45 onwards and believes Richmond have shown interest.

Still think we will have to pick him at #33 otherwise the Crows will pick him up with their next pick.

I thought we were going for pace and flash after our first pick? can't wait for this to be over.