Did Geelong loss to keep us out of the 8 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did Geelong loss to keep us out of the 8

Did Geelong loss just to keep us out of the 8

• Yes

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Have had a history of doing that. They played St Kilda in the last round back in 1968 and lost keeping us from making the four at that time. The week after they played St Kilda again and smashed them by over ten goals......................

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Irrelevant question. If we were playing half decent footy we wouldn't need to be developing inane conspiracy theories to try n justify ourselves.

Reactions: 14 users

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Guys

At risk of repeating other posters’ comments, the result last night has no bearing on whether we make the finals or not. We play GWS next week. If we win today and the remaining 2 games, we leapfrog GWS.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Guys

At risk of repeating other posters’ comments, the result last night has no bearing on whether we make the finals or not. We play GWS next week. If we win today and the remaining 2 games, we leapfrog GWS.
um well no, they are 6 points ahead of us, so we aint leapfrogging them if we beat them next week

edit, well I cocked that up didnt I :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
absurd.

1. last nights result it makes absolutely no difference to our hopes, because we play GWS, hopefully with 2 points between us.

2. Cats aren't guaranteed top 4, so zero chance they'de tank. 0, none, nada, zilch.

Cats were complacent, Leon came up with a blueprint that could see them go out in straight sets.

keep your forwards deep, and their intercepters accountable. Its exactly the lever Dimma pulled at HT in the 2020 GF.

stick with Shocking conspiracies, they are much more realistic and fun.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No they didn't. And really, who cares. We haven't played well enough to be in the 8. The focus should be on our own performances.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Pussies were shown up for speed
Theyre old bodies couldn’t keep up
Were responsible for keeping ourselves out of the 8 by constantly gifting players games when they aren’t upto it

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wouldn't put it past them, but in reality they probably didn't.

It's hasn't stopped me from getting up my Geesook supporting best man at my wedding about it though.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What did the *smile* stick spew out last night?
He thinks his shiit dosent stink.
Wanted at Geelong offers from GC to move back North.
He must be the biggest underachievier in the history of the game.
Fingers crossed they go out in straight sets

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Didn’t see the game but I wouldn’t imagine so , not at the elite level

if you are good enough you install a culture of backing yourself to beat anyone and everyone …. Surely ,

otherwise you are creating doubt