Digital TV - go for it! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Digital TV - go for it!

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
LidsandBling said:
schnipper said:
spot on geoffry ;D lidsandbling doesnt know what he's talking about :cutelaugh

you are the one that was confused when i asked the technical question, so who is the one that doesn't know what they are talking about?  ::)

Who really cares guys. As long as there is someone around to provide information, then we can use each other - what are mates for. We are not all Einsteins. ;)

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
LidsandBling said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
LidsandBling said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
LidsandBling said:
yeah the foxtel digital box can decode a digital signal but do you have it hooked up to a digital reciever with a 5.1 or better speaker set up? if you have all that can you please tell me if on the amp does it display a digital logo in the display area when you are watching all channels or just the movie channels

L&B, you're right on the money that the FB can decode a digital signal.  I have my receiver set-up to do that and it displays DSP (Digital Signal Processing) on my Yamaha RXV 2600 A/V Receiver.

thanks gpb, i thought so. thnks for clearing that up for me. so its just the movie channels

No it's not just the movie channels, DSP is throughout all the Foxtel Channels.

who is your difital provider, optus or foxtel?

when you ask who is there digital provider do you actually read there posts

DSP is throughout all the Foxtel Channels

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder who the provider is?  now read carefully

and one more time

:hihi :hihi :rofl ;D

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
geoffryprettyboy said:
LidsandBling said:
schnipper said:
spot on geoffry ;D lidsandbling doesnt know what he's talking about :cutelaugh

you are the one that was confused when i asked the technical question, so who is the one that doesn't know what they are talking about?  ::)

Who really cares guys.  As long as there is someone around to provide information, then we can use each other - what are mates for.  We are not all Einsteins. ;)

my point exactly, i was trying to help him in a nice way then he gets all funny on me because i dont know what the hell he is talking about. now its just a bit of fun for me ;D

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
schnipper said:
LidsandBling said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
LidsandBling said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
LidsandBling said:
yeah the foxtel digital box can decode a digital signal but do you have it hooked up to a digital reciever with a 5.1 or better speaker set up? if you have all that can you please tell me if on the amp does it display a digital logo in the display area when you are watching all channels or just the movie channels

L&B, you're right on the money that the FB can decode a digital signal. I have my receiver set-up to do that and it displays DSP (Digital Signal Processing) on my Yamaha RXV 2600 A/V Receiver.

thanks gpb, i thought so. thnks for clearing that up for me. so its just the movie channels

No it's not just the movie channels, DSP is throughout all the Foxtel Channels.

who is your difital provider, optus or foxtel?

when you ask who is there digital provider do you actually read there posts

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder who the provider is? now read carefully

and one more time

:hihi :hihi :rofl ;D

in case you didn't know, einstein schnipper, foxtel sell the rights to broadcast their channels to optus in exactly the same packages, set top boxes, remotes even with the foxtel logos and insignias on them. I HAVE FOXTEL DIGITAL PROVIDED BY OPTUS.. that is why i am asking the question. i was wondering whether it is different to THE DIGITAL SERVICE PROVIDED BY FOXTEL.

so in the end it again proves you are a dill and have no idea what you are talking about because you didn't even know that optus provide the same digital service as foxtel.

i wouldn't have made a big deal about it but you seem to think you know everything but actually know nothing.

do you still think its fun you dope?
:rofl :hihi :clap :rofl :clap :hihi :clap :rofl :hihi :clap

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
Tango said:
so whats the outcome?

dunno, you'll have to ask lidsandbling.

lidsandbling...........what is the outcome!

no really foxtel is all digital except channel 9, ABC, SBS which is standard definition digital signal only, Optus only provide the movie channels in digital which has somewhat upset our "lidsandbling". Negotiations to retransmit Seven and Ten’s digital signals on FOXTEL Digital's satellite platform continues. FOXTEL retransmits Seven and Ten’s analogue signals on cable. Hopefully this will be done before the footy changes to channel 7 and 10.

Lidsandbling, if this is too upsetting for you maybe you should just change to foxtel, and just lighten up a bit :hihi

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
I think I may just buy a cheap $70 SD box from work and run the bedroom TVs off it

The TEAC got sold out in the week between Xmas and New Year

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
schnipper said:
Tango said:
so whats the outcome?

dunno, you'll have to ask lidsandbling.

lidsandbling...........what is the outcome!

no really foxtel is all digital except channel 9, ABC, SBS which is standard definition digital signal only, Optus only provide the movie channels in digital which has somewhat upset our "lidsandbling". Negotiations to retransmit Seven and Ten’s digital signals on FOXTEL Digital's satellite platform continues. FOXTEL retransmits Seven and Ten’s analogue signals on cable. Hopefully this will be done before the footy changes to channel 7 and 10.

Lidsandbling, if this is too upsetting for you maybe you should just change to foxtel, and just lighten up a bit :hihi

thats a fair assesment of the outcome. you are right about one thing. i am filthy that the dgital provided by optus is restricted the way it is especially considering that all the set top boxes etc are all standard issue foxtel stuff

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Just been talking to my technical bloke

He says Optus will be broadcasting in digital within a year

But neither Foxtel or Optus will be transmitting HD in the near future

ie 10 years or so

Just bought surround sound system :clap :clap

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
LidsandBling said:
are you getting digital sound with these channels?

do you have foxtel or optus digital?

Just on a slightly related note, if you do go the digital path (even with analogue), just set up your system to use some widely spaced stereo speakers and watch an upcoming Australian Open tennis match.

The Ch 7 broadcast sound has the balls being hit at each end of the court coming out of the left then right speakers!

It really adds something to an essentially repetitive and boring sport....... ;)

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Just been on to Optus to reboot my system

They say that they are broadcasting all channels in Digital

And that the next generation of HD will probably be available around 2008

RoyceHart

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2003
Melbourne
I don't have pay tv (got sick of kids having cartoons available 24hrs a day).

However an inexpensive 76cm widescreen tv with a cheap set top box is fantactic, particularly for any sports.

Also can plug the set top box into my work data projector for Grand Final etc.

newyorktiger

Last Year
I have to say that once you see a aport on HDTV you can not go back. All sports are covered but for Gridiron & Baseball especially the picture quality is sensational. You really feel like you are at the game.. Even normal TV shows (e.g. The West Wing) look a whole lot better.

For the techies out there I have a wide screen CRT HD Ready TV. You can pick an 80cm up for around US$500. HD picture provided by the cable provider, so there is not need for a seperate STB. Surround sound is also a goer for the sport.

Love HDTV - can't wait for AFL to be broadcast in it.

RoyceHart

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2003
Melbourne
David C said:
LidsandBling said:
are you getting digital sound with these channels?

do you have foxtel or optus digital?

Just on a slightly related note, if you do go the digital path (even with analogue), just set up your system to use some widely spaced stereo speakers and watch an upcoming Australian Open tennis match.

The Ch 7 broadcast sound has the balls being hit at each end of the court coming out of the left then right speakers!

It really adds something to an essentially repetitive and boring sport....... ;)

Hi David,

Can you confirm that C 7 is doing this as I have set up some stereo speakers linked directly to my set top box but haven't noticed any difference (other than more sound).

It's quite possible though that I have stuffed up....

Also could not find any mention on the C 7 website.

Cheers

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
You may need a higher quality cable

Mine sounds OK but Needs fibre optic to get the best audio